P90x

Options
I am new here...Hubby and I are both counting calories and trying to shed pounds by walking, but truthfully, I am getting really bored with the treadmill. Has anyone used P90x and do you have real before and after pics....can you enlighten me? I already know it is intense, but want to hear about it from you all!

Thanks

Replies

• SkyeBows
    SkyeBows Posts: 80
    Options
    BUMP*
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    I am on day 67 of my first round of P90x Lean version. As of last week, I dropped 14 pounds and have noticed a big difference both in my appearance and my strength. I was in pretty good shape to begin with, but had put on some extra pounds from poor food choices.

The P90x, in combination with monitoring my food intake on MFP have been key to this transformation and I absolutely believe that it works. The Beachbody site has a fit test you can take to see if you're ready for P90X, but honestly they show you modifications that would make it possible for just about anybody to do it.

Once I finish I'm planning on taking a week off, then doing another round but the Classic version.
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    This program is not one where you go from unfit & overweight to fit and thin. It is design to lean out those whose physical fitness level is able to handle the routines. After having lost "65 pds" and working out with a trainer for two years, I am currently using it to lean out and for more body strength. Most people I've talked to who brought P90x with the understanding that they will automatically lose 50 lbs or more doing it, actually have ended up sending it back. I recommend a more simple exercise program to add to what you are already doing!
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I am on day 67 of my first round of P90x Lean version. As of last week, I dropped 14 pounds and have noticed a big difference both in my appearance and my strength. I was in pretty good shape to begin with, but had put on some extra pounds from poor food choices.

The P90x, in combination with monitoring my food intake on MFP have been key to this transformation and I absolutely believe that it works. The Beachbody site has a fit test you can take to see if you're ready for P90X, but honestly they show you modifications that would make it possible for just about anybody to do it.

Once I finish I'm planning on taking a week off, then doing another round but the Classic version.

Pretty much the same story for me, except I'm doing classic and am on day 84 of the program. I was in good gym shape before and could run long distances, but couldn't boast that I can do lots of pullups unassisted and do the exercises at an intensity like this program. The difference between day 1 and now is phenomenal...just the other day my wife said, "damn, you got lats!" since i have developed those back wings that broaden your back a lot. Still only a 4 pack with a bicycle tire though....lots has to do with eating on that one. I haven't had to go to the gym since I started, which to me is a huge plus, because I hate that feeling of getting off work and having to motivate yourself to get changed and go to the gym...whereas with this i just get home and push play (although that starts to get tough by round 2 cause your butt will be severely kicked!!!lol)

If you want to see some P90x specific successes/progress, check out here http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-loss-forum/p90x-before-and-after-pics.html

i
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I too was interested in P90X last year, but knew I had too much extra weight to do it. So I started with Power 90. I lost 27lbs in 90 days on that, then started P90X and lost 10 more in the next 60. I did 3 rounds of P90X, then did Insanity. I'm now in the best shape of my life. You can see my comparision photos at TeamBeachbody.com and search for djjustjohn.