Did any girls start out 220ish and about 5'7?

Options

Replies

• Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8.5" I started orginally at 270ish. Lost some, had more babies and srarted again around 230. I am now 166-ish, fighting to lose my last 30.
  • Smash323
    Smash323 Posts: 16
    Options
    Yep, this is me. I'm 5'7" and started MFP last week at 224. I got a Fitbit this week, which has really helped me get moving.

I definitely need fitness pals to help me keep moving. I love these success stories! Anyone willing to encourage is very welcome to friend me, too! I'm sending some friend requests now, also!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    hiiyaaa girly!

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE just belive (and kick some *kitten* haha)

im 170 cm- 5.6 i think

and i started at 95 kg -209 lbs i think

:)
  • Aleks87
    Aleks87 Posts: 13
    Options
    I started on January 7th weighing 237lbs at 5'7! Today I am 208. It can be done you just need to believe in yourself and stick with it. I am more careful with my food choices and do at least some physical activity everyday.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Oh it can totally be done. You just have to want it bad enough. My advice would be to take it in small goals instead of looking at the whole picture, as having a lot of weight to lose can feel overwhelming. Instead i took it as small goals (prebaby weight, pre marriage weight, college weight, onederland, high school weight, etc.). I'm 5'5 and i started at 277 lbs. Today i am 166 lbs- what i weighed in 8th grade! 20 more to goal. Its been a rollercoaster but worth every bump.
  • Valerie_Malone
    Valerie_Malone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''7" and as restarted on Monday @ 209 lbs. I had a bad doctor's visit last week to go over my blood results, and my doctor put me on a very strict diet for the next 2 months. So here's to staying motivated!
  • elesiac
    elesiac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    e9ac86d0-58e5-404f-8066-7fccd3a2cd1b_zps4af3f16c.jpg
    Before 235, Now 171

Wow Amazing!!! You transitioned well!
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am 220.2 and 5'5'' hoping to get down to 160! :)
  • cynbreau
    cynbreau Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I have been at it a month or so. Down 8 pounds. I am 5'5" and started at 214. I am just sticking with small goals. I fall off here and there but I have to stick with it. I am so tired of looking and feeling this way!

Let's do it together!
  • HZ15
    HZ15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It absolutely can be done and it will very likely be the single best thing you ever do for yourself.

I'm 5'6 and when I started MFP in April last year I weighed 236 (and I had dropped a few pounds before I dared set foot on the scales!) and a UK size 20.

I really worked hard at it across last summer, diligently recording what I was eating using MFP and sticking to 1200 calories (apart from Fridays - treat day!) and exercising 5+ times per week (mostly cardio). I lost 50lbs by my 6 month MFP anniversary and was down to a UK size 14.

I've slacked off a bit then. Still going to the gym reasonably regularly doing a mix of cardio and resistance/weight and keeping an eye on what I eat but not dieting strictly. So only 7lbs more since then but definitely toned up a little too and comfortably a UK size 12 now.

At 236 last April
    SeanampTroy_zpse1dbcc8e2_zpse8c31291.jpg

At 190ish last August
    Wedding2_zps1c69fe6e.jpg

And in the 180s at Christmas
    21bb07f1-3dcb-47be-99a0-9cd533676d89_zps5962a8bc.jpg

PS: My journey's not over. It's back into strict mode for me and trying to lose the final 25lbs before summer starts!
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It can be done! I'm 1/3rd of the way to my goal of 135lbs, which was what I weighed before taking medication. I'm 5'6.75" and started at 230lbs. So far I'm down 35lbs and about two pant sizes. I eat 1500 calories a day an allow myself weekly cheat meals or indulgences. Feel free to add me. :)
  • runQrun
    runQrun Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and currently 225....In 2009 I was 155 after a year of working my buns off (literally). After some heart issues and general lack of motivation (which got me back to 225) I'm finally ready to join you all on the weight loss adventure!! We can do it!! :0)
  • brittanycochran338
    brittanycochran338 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started around 235!!! And after almost 50 days im down to 210!!! I got a Hubby to surprise when he comes home from afghanistan in a few short months!! Any one can feel free to add me!!!
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am! My heaviest was close to 230. I'm now 203-205 after slipping up last year. Got down to 179 before getting seriously distracted. It is possible and sweetie, you'll see the changes :heart:
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Well, I'm not exactly what you asked for but I am 220 and 5'7 now.
    i started at 328 lbs 15 months ago.
    so yes it can be done.... I have no idea how to post a picture on here lol
    for a smart chick I sure am dumb when it comes to some things. lol
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    it can be done! 2 years ago, i weighed 253....i lost 70 in a year, have gained 15 back.....right now, i am 201 and trying to get to 165-170.
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    um........ hun... i started out at about 300 ish.... creep my profile to see where im at now!!!! IT CAN BE DONE!!!
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am 5'7 and started out at 228! I am now hovering around the 200 mark. (i have been below it and back up a few times over the past year (trips home always ruin me haha!) but am back on the long haul to success!) :)
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm hovering around 216 but I started at 235. I'm still working and it's a slow process but I don't plan to give up anytime soon. You can do it!
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Anyone may feel free to add me! I've got similar stats and goals! :) We can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!