$1,000...

Options

Replies

• invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd be torn between the custom PC and the gym equips.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd buy a straight bar and enough weight to keep me occupied for a while, a few kettle bells, some sweet Altras and some Crossfit clothes, a speed rope, a pullup bar I could kip on, and the rest would towards wine.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    What's that thing rich people do, where they take money and turn it into more money...

You should do that.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    What's that thing rich people do, where they take money and turn it into more money...

You should do that.

You mean buy a factory in a 3rd world country and enslave poor people?
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    1)
    Don't buy a gaming computer. Grown men gaming is just... sad. Especially with four kids and a wife. They need your attention, not the stupid computer.

Not really. A grown man who's able to entertain himself is pretty hot. I don't know if you have any kids or a husband, but eventually most people need alone time that's carved out just for pleasure. My husband has his MMORPG, I've have my crafting, and hell, you and I are both on here so clearly there's a bit of computer time.

2)

Now on to ideas:

The investment idea is the best and most sensible. You're not likely to do that though - sounds like you want something fun and immediate and don't have the patience to see out an investment plan.

Coming back to this.

3)
    So invest in yourself. Either get a road bike with a trainer for the winter months, or if you feel like sharing good health with your wife you should get the weights set or the elliptical. The weights would give you both a lot of strength with is both sexy and healthy. The elliptical would give you fast fat loss.
    Relevant and decent advice.

4)
    Isn't MFP great for solicited advice from around the globe?

BTW, it was rude to call that lady grandma, just like it was rude for that other member to suggest you get a vasectomy.
    I wonder if you see the irony of you calling something rude when two members were joking around when you posted points one and two. :ohwell:
  • HopefulLeigh
    Options
    power rack, olympic bar and weights, bench. done.

And lube, for when you fall in love with your fine self. (Taso forget about the excitement part...)

Oh snap, can I get the warming kind?

Try to hit up Craigslist for everything but the lube and you can probably stretch it farther AND get the elliptical. Man Cave made easy.

What if the lube still has the seal on it?

Wouldn't trust it, man. People are crazy as all get out.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Get a tankless hot water heater, so you can always have a hot shower. Few things more important to a parent than quality shower time--or maybe that's just a mom thing.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Vegas baby!

You know, I suggested this to her and she told me that most of the money would end up going towards airfare. So I offered to take a bus. Still pending approval but I don't think the mission will get approval.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Get a tankless hot water heater, so you can always have a hot shower. Few things more important to a parent than quality shower time--or maybe that's just a mom thing.

We're actually using some of the money to replace our hot water heater, getting an 80 gallon I think. We only have a 40 gallon right now.
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    Definitely, a gaming computer. The Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, and Archeage will be out in the US and UK this year, you gonna need it to play! :)
    I built myself, hubby, and our son a sweet rig each last year, heh.
  • HopefulLeigh
    Options

My dream house has one of those babies and a gigantic tub. It also has a towel boy named Raul and a busty gardener. A girl can wish.
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Take a vegas vacation with buddies
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Pay it forward and donate it.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    Definitely, a gaming computer. The Elder Scrolls Online, Wildstar, and Archeage will be out in the US and UK this year, you gonna need it to play! :)
    I built myself, hubby, and our son a sweet rig each last year, heh.

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!!!!

Oh I mean... I'm totally going to invest in some mutual funds. Stop talking about gaming, I mean grown men gaming? Who would imagine such a thing? I'm going to make sure that I have a secure future waiting for me in the nursing home. That's the practical thing to do. By the way I love the assumption from some of the elderly party poopers in here that I'm not already saving for retirement. If you're so invested in getting old that you can't have some fun now... I just feel sorry for those people.
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    VEGAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emtjmac
    Options

That cheeseburger in front of you restores my faith in humanity.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    VEGAS
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Buy a bigger water heater.
  • emtjmac
    Options
    VEGAS

If only... someday... someday...
  • rpp223
    rpp223 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

That cheeseburger in front of you restores my faith in humanity.

You only live once