What do you do when you're sick?

Options
When you're sick, do you stick to your caloie plan or do you eat a little more? As long as I'm not going below my BMR, and I'm eating healthy foods, is my body getting what it needs to fight off the bug?

Replies

• rosichick
    rosichick Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am sick right now, and i eat normally; i do not go past my BMR, but if i do its not by much.
  • RUGGEDGerit
    Options
    when you are sick, you should call your mother!!!
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options
    mamaaaaa!!!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    crying like a baby usually helps
  • ocragal
    ocragal Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Be gentle to yourself and nonjudgmental. I've had an upper respiratory virus turned bronchitis turned complicated for over 2 weeks. I hate it, and I wouldn't still be sick if I had honored how sick I was and stayed home and rested. Learn from my mistakes: Just focus on getting well. Don't make special trips to the grocery store to buy your preferred diet foods, appreciate the food that is cooked for you by friends and loved ones, eat healthy when you can, and know that when you feel better, you can focus on being more stringent with your eating choices.

We are all committing to a new, healther way of life. Part of that is to not see things as absolute, but to begin making healthier decisions. Today, trying to reduce eaten calories and burn workout calories are not my goal. Rest and compassion for myself is my healthiest decision for today. When I feel better, my health goals will return to calorie focus. I hope that you will be gentle with yourself, and that you recover quickly. Be well!
  • walkinon_sunshine
    Options
    I dont eat more than my cal goal for the day. Instead of walking around the house being busy, im laying on the couch fighting a bug. I think i get enough that way.
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Be gentle to yourself and nonjudgmental. I've had an upper respiratory virus turned bronchitis turned complicated for over 2 weeks. I hate it, and I wouldn't still be sick if I had honored how sick I was and stayed home and rested. Learn from my mistakes: Just focus on getting well. Don't make special trips to the grocery store to buy your preferred diet foods, appreciate the food that is cooked for you by friends and loved ones, eat healthy when you can, and know that when you feel better, you can focus on being more stringent with your eating choices.

We are all committing to a new, healther way of life. Part of that is to not see things as absolute, but to begin making healthier decisions. Today, trying to reduce eaten calories and burn workout calories are not my goal. Rest and compassion for myself is my healthiest decision for today. When I feel better, my health goals will return to calorie focus. I hope that you will be gentle with yourself, and that you recover quickly. Be well!

THIS

I stupidly weighed myself after a nasty bout of gastro a couple of weeks ago....it's taken 3 or 4 weeks to be at a similar weight loss rather than just water! Eat what you can manage. I was having carbs and cheese and stuff, but it helped and I started to feel better. Hope you do soon!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup!!! Lots of extra fluids....rest! I don't worry about exercise, either.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i eat less when im sick, usually i dont have an appetite and i dont want to be more miserable forcing myself to eat more. i try to make up for it by eating a little more than usual once my appetite is back though.