Pasta Sauce

Bee28
Bee28 Posts: 99
edited September 20 in Recipes
Does anyone have a good recipe for a sauce to go over pasta that is low cal? I want something thats fairly easy with a lot of flavor? (garlic, onions, tomatoes, peppers, basil are some of my favorite ingredients) Or even any jar sauces that are good??

Thanks!

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    mostly any basic marinara sauces are pretty low fat/calories. just read labels when shopping. avoid ones that say "four cheese, etc".
  • According to the book, Eat this Not that, Classico Tomato Basil is the best for you! ( if you are looking for a jar! ) It is really good!!!! =)
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    I make an easy pasta dish that is olive oil based with sweet Texas onions, spinach, tomatoes (in olive oil and Italian seasonings), and lots of garlic. I haven't calculated the calories in it but since its mostly veggies I presume it's pretty healthy. If you want the recipe just let me know. :-)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bumpin' to check out later, thanks for the ideas gang:drinker: :wink:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    I make the following- not sure of calories but it can not be too bad.

2 cans organic tomato sauce
    1 small can organic tomato paste
    1 whole garlic clove- minced
    2 tbs olive oil
    1 large yellow onion
    1 med. green bell pepper
    sea salt to taste
    black pepper to taste
    garlic salt to taste
    basil/italian seasonings to taste

add olive oil, garlic, bell pepper, onion and cook til onions are translucient. Add tomato sauce and paste, basil/italian seasoning. Simmer. The more garlic the better! ( you can omit salt if you are watching the sodium count)

Top with grated parm. cheese.

This is sooo easy and very delish!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bump
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    My current favorite pasta dish includes 1 cup asparagus, 1 roma tomato and 1 tbs onion, 2 cloves chopped garlic sauteed in 1/2 TBS olive oil, then tossed into cooked pasta and topped with 1 TBS grated parmesan. I also sprinkle on cayenne for added kick. Less than 400 calories per serving and surprisingly filling!
This discussion has been closed.