When did you get rid of clothes that dont "fit" anymore?

Options
124»

Replies

• RSD73
    RSD73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ASAP! The best incentive to maintain weight loss is having nothing to wear if you gain it back!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I kept some skinny clothes, hoping to fit back into them. And I do now. Too bad acid wash Z Cavericcis aren't in style.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Whenever they don't fit me properly. Pants fall down, shirt looks like a nightgown, and so forth. I give them away to people who need them. I don't donate them to Goodwill or opportunity stores because people still have to pay for them. I just advertise on Facebook saying I have clothes in whatever sizes and want them to go to someone who needs them.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I wore a lot of the same clothes at 262 lb as I'd worn at 307 lb. Surprisingly even at 307 I still wore a 22, and all the way down to 262 I still couldn't get into size 20!

But once I joined MFP and got down to about 245, those clothes looked seriously insane on me. Like to the point that people were saying, "Angela, really...those pants are way too big for you" and even my then-fiancé was admitting that my clothes looked 'wrong'. So it was easy to get rid of them then.

I did a MASS clear out of my closet last summer when I was in the 240s and I'm glad that I was very cautious and thrifty about replacing the old clothes with 18's-20's because now I'm in a 14 and most of my 16's are pretty big on me. It is a good yet expensive "problem" to have! I'll take it.

(BTW I had really good luck selling my clothes on Craigslist and had a big garage sale and advertised it locally via CL and facebook plus size clothing swap groups...now I mostly just donate)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I gave away all size 18 and I am now size 14. I still keep the size 16 until I drop to a size 12.

This describes me too. I have no 18s left but lots of 16s still even though 14/15 is what fits best right now. But I won't get rid of anything in 16 (unless it looks bad) until I introduce the first round of 12s into my closet.