Additional workouts?

Options
I started Jillian's 30 Day Shred yesterday. I want to do some other sort of workout with this. Any suggestions? I'm going on a cruise in two months and need to lose weight fast - healthy. These are my stats

Height - 5' 6"
Starting Weight - 166.2
Current Weight - 150.2
Goal Weight - 130

I started January 1st. I strayed from my program for about 2 - 2 1/2 weeks last month. I know it is unrealistic to drop to my goal weight, but I wondered it anyone had ideas about another workout that would go good with the 30 Day Shred. That wouldn't be too hard on my body - combining the two.

Just trying to get some feedback.

Thank you :happy:

Replies

• marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 ds and i I also run a little.
    I am not in great shape, so it helps stretch me back out.
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would pair it with some sort of cardio- walking, elliptical, or something. I like to do it with her kickboxing dvd. One level is just 20 minutes, the two add up to be about 45-50 minutes.
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    Hey check out some of my workouts on youtube I do zumba and also insanity plus some other workouts.. check them out and maybe that helps you...find me as ana jenkins or fitlatinflave..
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I first started I would do treadmill work out in the evening . they are 30 min programs. Later I started the C25K program with it.
  • DanaMcCrea
    DanaMcCrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :wink:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    30 DS in the am goes great with couch to 5k in the pm. I finished the couch to 5k program in the fall, now I make up my own similar running workouts. On days that I shred in the am, I run in the pm, on days that I lift weights in the pm, I do yoga or pilates, focusing on the core.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm a proponent of simply doing the 7 primal movements: Pull (pull-ups), Push (push-ups), Lunge (walking lunges), Squat (air squats), Gait (walking/jogging/running/sprinting), Twist & Bend (standing alternating toe touches). Add Jumping Jacks for lymphatic/immune system health.

I'm also a proponent of doing them in whatever order and frequency feels right on any given day, hour, minute etc. based on principles of "eustress." That is, if it feels good, it's eustress -- good stress. If it doesn't feel good, it's distress -- bad stress.

It's simple. It works the entire body. It requires no equipment other than a tree or pull-up bar. It's time tested -- about 250,000 years old.