New, Need Support and Friends :) 25 f uk with gastric band.

Hey everyone im jennifer, 25 live near london. I have struggled with my weight since i was about 18, depression and insecurities have lead to my weight gain :(. I got my Gastric band in October to help with my comfort eating obsession. even when i got over being depressed i was so used to over eating i ate at any excuse celebrations, excitement, boredom its a cycle i have had for 7 years and really cant break.

I went to weight watchers lost a stone and a half put it back on and doubled it :( i really tried on weight watchers and felt like wow i can do this and stick to it however due to being so emotional i again went into depression mode so when i doubled that weight it was like i HAD to do something drastic. i am not one of these gastric patients who have the band so tight they cant eat i just want to be able to control food and therapy and diets where not working for me.

My band has helped me control them but what people dont know is you can cheat very easily with the band could easily have 12 packets of crisps luckily im not a sweet person YET. im struggling mentally with this change of eating less and trying to be more healthy cutting carbs down having more protien

i would like some support and would like to be able to support other people also. i have never been taught about nutritional information but now im making it my motive to learn and it would be lovely to meet some new people :) xxxx

Replies

• LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Hello! Feel free to add me! :) I love to support people!
  • Heelen1993
    Heelen1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I am banded as well you can add me. I took a break from my fills as had an operation hysterectomy last year now back on the plan remember that the band is an aid to dim hunger we still have to work at our nutrition and exercise and I still get head hunger.grr
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    hey helen thanks will add you :)
    i know i wish it was a quick fix sometimes as a lot of people say lol it only helps you if you eat the right type of food hope you are feeling well xxxx
  • jennifer_255
    Hello! Feel free to add me! :) I love to support people!

hi added you thanks x
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Welsome Jennifer!
  • jennifer_255
    thanks honey :) x