Heart Rate Monitors

Options
cln714
cln714 Posts: 174 Member
I'm in need of a heart rate monitor. I don't want one that super expensive or complicated.

Also, I just want the kind you wear like a watch.

Any suggestions.

I would very much appreciate any assistance. Thank you!

Replies

• sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have one... IGYM, it was around $40 at academy sports and it has worked great but it has the chest strap/wrist watch. Which in my opinion is what you would want because you get a continuous read of your heart rate. They are more accurate.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I found the Bow Flex (featured on the xtream fitness results website) on a super good deal at Big 5. I would just recommend shopping around :) The one I have has the strap, and the watch. What I like about this one vs others is that I can change the batteries myself instead of sending them in. I was NOT willing to pay more than $50.
  • cln714
    Options
    Thank you, good to know.... I wasn't sure if I should get one with the strap or not. It makes sense that it would give a more accurate read tho. :)
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you do a search on the topics you can find a lot of different opinions and types of HRMs. I have the Timex version and I love it.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I have done tons of research on this topic. After it was all said and done, I decided to go with the Polar F6. It has the features I want and is extremely accurate. I love it. I've noticed that even some of the fitness instructors at the gym have the same kind.
  • cln714
    Options
    I just found out they don't make those anymore. :( They now have model FT7. I think that's what I'll get. Hopefully it's as good as the F6!!!