Mexican Food.... OLE'

Options
So tonight I am going to a birthday party celebration and while I have no problem passing on the Margherita's...
what else can I eat that wont kill me calorie wise.

I was thinking chicken fajitas, minus the tortilla.

Any other suggestions ????

Replies

• alisaperry74
    Options
    That's a great idea. Just eat the meat and the veggies, try to watch the extras like the cheese and sour cream maybe. Have fun!
  • candicecumbie
    Options
    fajitia salads are another option, also beans can be low in calories and high in protein depending on how much oil they add.
  • kaylada89
    kaylada89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thatis a good choice i had that just the other night. You could also have some mexican potatoe wedges.
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options
    Mexican restaurants usually have fish on the menu as well which would be a good choice as long as it isnt smothered in cheese or anything like that. Try to avoid the mexican rice, that is where the calories can rack up.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lots of salsa... great favor, low in calories! :flowerforyou:
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    great suggestions... mexican potatoes? I have never tried that.

I'll be careful, drink plenty of water and maybe a few fiber pills to fill up the tummy.

its always the chips and salsa before the dinner that kill ya. Unfortunately the ladies
    i'm going with, don't care if they eat 4 bowls of chips... i do :(

this is the hard part. Your doing so well watching what you eat, exercising etc. Then people have parties and mess
    you all up !! DOH
  • kfsooner
    kfsooner Posts: 40
    Options
    I always go for a salad with whole beans....and try to stay away from the chips!!