Trouble reaching calorie goal

cuppycake22
cuppycake22 Posts: 224
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I had starting eating healthier and using a different calorie count website before so I am used to the calorie counting but now I find that I am having troubles reaching my 1380 goal and get the message that it isn't good for me (sometimes 400 calories below)....I don't know what to do cause I don't want to wreck my metabolism but I also don't want to eat when I am not hungry...any suggestions??

Thanks!

Replies

• 1380 doesn't seem like too little...well depending on how active you are. If you aren't exercising a great deal every day, 1380 should be fine. However, if you are, you should be eating a little more to make up what you've burned.
    You might try adding some healthy fats, like nuts, to your diet. They're usually high in calories but still good for you.
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    It's counter-intuitive but maybe eat food that is more calorie dense as long as the nutrition stays balanced. Remember that too few calories can cause fat gain and muscle loss as the body protects itself. Kind of like the photo of the starving children with the enormous stomachs.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    You are getting that message because you are under the 1200 calorie intake. You need to be eating at least 1200 calories a day. Is your diary public? Just wondering what you are eating.
This discussion has been closed.