Fun Dance Cardio DVDs

Options
Lyadeia
Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
Can you guys name some fun cardio DVDs that you guys use

----OTHER THAN----

ZUMBA (which is obvious, lol)
and anything by BEACHBODY (because I already own Rockin' Body, Hip Hop Abs, and Brazil Butt Lift)

I enjoy dancing for cardio, but need some new DVDs that are fun and easy to follow along with.

Replies

• BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    I can't think of anything else as far as dvd's i do just dance on the wii. Oh and i just ordered Rockin Body and Hip Hop Abs how are they?
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    I think both of them are fun, and you can definitely make them as intense as you want. Shaun uses moves that are easy to learn, which is great for someone like me. I've just had them both for years and was hoping to find something new, lol.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Just Dance games sprang to my mind too. They are fun and you can definitely burn some calories doing them.

You might check out Jazzercize. I have never tried them, but they've been putting out new DVDs for a few decades so somebody must like them.
  • spiritamanic
    spiritamanic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba like? I've been contemplating getting it. I, too, love dancing for cardio and have most of the Yoga Booty Ballet dvds... which aren't too intense. They do get your heart rate up though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    What is Zumba like? I've been contemplating getting it. I, too, love dancing for cardio and have most of the Yoga Booty Ballet dvds... which aren't too intense. They do get your heart rate up though.

Zumba is super fun. It's dancing made a little more aerobic. It doesn't feel like "exercise" but you'll be sweating by the end.
  • spiritamanic
    spiritamanic Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Zumba is super fun. It's dancing made a little more aerobic. It doesn't feel like "exercise" but you'll be sweating by the end.

Is it worth the money?
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    There are some good DVDs at http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/cd-dvd/page1

The plus side with these is that they are mostly for dancers, so you know that the people on them know what they're talking about. Also, you can pick from different categories
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks, Jr. Has some fun stuff on the BeFit channel on YouTube. You could always go old school with some Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies.
  • phatnotfluffi
    Options
    bump
  • Lyadeia
    Options

Is it worth the money?

I think it is definitely worth it! It's so much fun that the time flies by, and before you know it, there are like 500 calories that just disappeared, lol.
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    There are some good DVDs at http://www.discountdance.com/dancewear/cd-dvd/page1

The plus side with these is that they are mostly for dancers, so you know that the people on them know what they're talking about. Also, you can pick from different categories

Awesome! I will definitely check this out later. Thank you!
  • Lyadeia
    Options
    Billy Blanks, Jr. Has some fun stuff on the BeFit channel on YouTube. You could always go old school with some Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies.

LOL, I actually did think of Richard Simmons and his videos. He's my friend on Facebook. :smile:
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I really like Dance style workouts, too. The following come to mind -- some of them are instructional though.

Bellyfit (they have a sale right now)
    Buti Fitness (Yoga with booty shaking)
    New York Bellydance or Cheeky Girls Productions have a lot of bellydance dvds
    Jennifer Galardi has some dance dvds that are fun
    I have heard that Jazzercise Burlesque is fun. If you check www.videofitness.com, they sometimes have good info on exercise dvds.