Crazy stuff I did to lose weight...

Options
My mom and I were talking about this the other day. I remember that we used to buy this liquid stuff. It was $50 a bottle. The deal was that you were supposed to drink 1 tablespoon of this stuff everynight before bed, and it "Worked it's magic while you slept".

.......really?

LMAO.

What crazy stuff did you try?

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I tried that stuff too!! Was such a sham but I was a fool than.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I can't remember what it was called, but I remember the bottle being really cheesy.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I was at a flea market once when I was a teen and they had this magic powder that you would eat and it made everything taste horrible. It seriously worked...everything except water tasted terrible so I didn't eat for a long time. Only prob...it tasted bad and left a bad flavor afterward...besides, that's not getting healthy, that's a cop out!
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options
    I remember trying the grapefruit diet.

GROSS
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My friends and I tried that veggie soup diet where you can eat as much of the soup as you want......but that's all you can eat for a WEEK! After about 4 days, I went berserk and ate an entire can of frosting while my friend was trying to pry if out of my hungry hungry hands!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I did the grapefruit diet years ago and it worked like a charm....until I came off it, and packed on all the weight again

Now I am doing it the better way....a whole lifestyle change
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

GROSS

I like grapefruits but have no idea what a grapefruit diet is.
  • tubbytabbytales
    Options

GROSS

I like grapefruits but have no idea what a grapefruit diet is.

umm it was something like you can only have grapefruit and salad (no dressing) for two weeks.

..... yeah.
  • Buckeyegirl71
    Options
    When I was in my late teens me and my girlfriend decided we were only going to eat baby food, so we could lose weight quick for an upcoming party. For two weeks straight that is all we ate. The meats were gross so we mostly stuck to fruit and veggies and of course deserts. I was never so hungry in my whole life. We must have looked ridIculous at the grocery story buying 50 jars a pice of baby food every few days. We did lose weight but put it all back on when we started eating normal again.
  • GRose
    GRose Posts: 69
    Options
    My friends and I tried that veggie soup diet where you can eat as much of the soup as you want......but that's all you can eat for a WEEK! After about 4 days, I went berserk and ate an entire can of frosting while my friend was trying to pry if out of my hungry hungry hands!

LOL I just read this at work and literally laughed out loud. Thanks!

I've never tried anything "crazy" but when I was in high school I usually didn't eat anything before my 2 hour morning swim practice, didn't eat until lunch & only had a large Snicker's Ice Cream bar and maybe some curly fries until dinner where I ate 1-2 servings of whatever my parents made. I wasn't really hungry (surprisingly) but I know it wasn't healthy.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    Hydroxycut back when it was ephedra.

WRECKED my system. Heart palpitations, crazy metabolism, the works.

I also did SlimFast, but gained it all back when I started eating real food again.
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options

OMG, this is hilarious!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I did a day on the lemonade/master cleanse. After one day I said screw that, I like food too much.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    When I was in high school I used to not eat breakfast or lunch and save my lunch money for going into The City on the weekend.... On top of that I would have 2 hour gymnastics practices and then go home to eat a normal dinner with my family... really not the best idea ever... But hey we were all stupid when we were teenagers...
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I never drank (alcohol) in high school but I did for the first time after graduating and I knew that alcohol slowed your metabolism and I didn't want to get fat so instead of not drinking, I decided not to eat instead!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am an old hand of dieting. In the 70s my mother and I went to a doctor and did some type of shots that was the urine from a pregnant woman. :sick: Use to take apple cider vinegar and oil in a shot glass before meals.:noway: Humm what else? Cambridge Diet in the 80s for 2 yrs. Like Slim Fast with a powder drink for breakfast and lunch and real food for dinner. Was on that for 2 years before I met my husband and was down to 150 lbs. Got married and tried others that failed until now. Also did the usual Weight Watchers, Atkins, 6 week Body Makeover, grapefruit, and would only lose 25 pounds and gained it all back and more. Cambridge was the only successful one, but I only ate one meal a day.:drinker:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins for a few weeks leading up to my junior prom so I could fit into the dress I'd bought a couple months before...and yes, it fit me perfectly when I bought it. (Ironically, I was working out everyday during my senior year and LOSING weight, so about a week before prom my mother said she refused to take in my dress YET AGAIN so I actually had a dress that was a little big that year) :P

I tried one of the stupid pills one time, and one of the ones that came in "patch" form. I think the only reason the pill worked was because it emphasized the need to take it with at least 8oz of water, and I hated drinking water before that. And while I did lose weight when I first tried the patch, I'm pretty sure it was the workout routine that started around the same time, especially since I continued to lose weight after I stopped using the stupid thing.
  • elissamarie
    Options
    I did the Neera Super Cleanse... twice... successfully ( i lost about 13 the first time and 16 the second), but then gained it back eventually... yikes.
    I did the diet for 15 days both times. The only things you could have were the Neera lemonade (which consists of water, tree syrup, cayenne pepper and fresh squeezed lemon juice), water and the laxative tea (which you have every night before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning).
    I was absolutely starving the whole time and I thought I was losing it!! I would sit and smell other people's food!
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I did the Neera Super Cleanse... twice... successfully ( i lost about 13 the first time and 16 the second), but then gained it back eventually... yikes.
    I did the diet for 15 days both times. The only things you could have were the Neera lemonade (which consists of water, tree syrup, cayenne pepper and fresh squeezed lemon juice), water and the laxative tea (which you have every night before you go to bed and when you wake up in the morning).
    I was absolutely starving the whole time and I thought I was losing it!! I would sit and smell other people's food!

Sounds the same as the Master Cleanse?
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    I did the soup diet ( on a week off for two) and lost 27 lbs then got pregnant. I had my beautiful boy, did the soup diet ( on a week off for one week) and lost 27 lbs and got pregnant. I thought about doing it again but think this is a much healtier more sustainable way to loose the weight and get healthy. I onces tried to make myself vomit ( as a teenager) but It was so gross I couldn't do it and decided I would rather be fat ( I wasn't fat at the time but just foolish and young) .