Apple stuffed chicken breast! UNDER 200 CALORIES

xDeannaGarciax
xDeannaGarciax Posts: 675
edited September 20 in Recipes
This has always been one of my favorites, but I found a recipe and it only has 139calories! I'm SO HAPPY!
Hope some of you find this useful....it's yummy yummy! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Ingredients
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped apple
2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon Italian-style dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions
1.Combine apple, cheese, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
2.Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch thickness. Divide apple mixture between chicken breasts, and roll up each breast. Secure with toothpicks.
3.Melt butter or margarine in a 7 inch skillet over medium heat. Brown stuffed chicken breasts. Add wine and 1/4 cup water. Cover. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
4.Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Combine 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch; stir into juices in pan. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour gravy over chicken, and garnish with parsley. Serve.
Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 5.1g | Cholesterol: 46mg

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    This recipe looks yummy....But I honeslty dont see it being only 139 calories...seems too good to be true....lol
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Seemed to good to be true to me too...lol. I checked this recipe on a receipe calculator and it says approx 379 calories per serving if the recipe is for two servings.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    bump

Sounds Yummy!!!!!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I would def think it would have 2 servings, one breast each. 379 still isn't that bad if you pair it with a nice salad or serving of steamed veggies. Sounds tasty!
  • I guess it all depends on how you do it. A 4 oz serving of chicken breast is about 110 calories. It might have to be a very small piece of chicken, I guess!
  • Here's the link I found on it. I stumbled across it looking for the authentic recipe, my grandma use to make apple chicken when I was younger and I wanted a healthy version, if you use a star apple there are only 67calories in one, approxametly 46-47cal in every ounce of skinless chicken, if you use parmesan cheese it is 23calories per tablespoon or you could use no cheese at all. I guess the calorie estimate they gave wasn't fully accurate but even if you eat a 4oz (appx 184cal) chicken breast with a (half) of a star apple at 67 it's only 34 calories that is divided between two breasts of chicken (17cal), 1/2tablespoon of butter 33 calories, 1/2tbsp of bread crumbs 22cal That's still only 256 calories, really not that bad at all I love it!

The recipe is obviously for two people considering the recipe calls for 2 breasts of chicken :)
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Apple-Stuffed-Chicken-Breast/Detail.aspx
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    will definitely try it, although after reading the recipe, the servings are 4..so each chicken breast would have to be cut in half to get the 139 Calories...I also plan on using Fat Free Cheese and Smart Balance instead of butter, no wine or cornstarch and try using chicken Broth , Fat free..
    Will let u know how it turns out :)
  • OOOOH Please do! Great ideas :happy:
This discussion has been closed.