Is it "bad" to eat bananas when trying to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    1 medium banana a day = 1/5 potassium recomended intake
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    as long as your not doing the "banana diet" ROFL yoou will be fine!:noway: (look on utube)!
    i love bananas! :love:
  • lpekny
    lpekny Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just recently added them back into my diet because I was getting lots of cramps in my toes. I eat one a day and they have not stalled my weight loss. They are so yummy!! I look forward to my bananna in the afternoons to give am a little boost.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Just put it in your mouth to get a taste and then take it back out if you are really craving one
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Just put it in your mouth to get a taste and then take it back out if you are really craving one
    I'm craving something like a banana, should I try that too?
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options
    Do bananas hinder weight loss?

How many are you planning to eat? I hear that if you juice them first, you can pour them thru an old T-shirt and strain out the calories without actually removing any of the nutrition....
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options

Like a plantain? Plantains are usually more girthy but I think you could get away with it, yes.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    evil-banana_zps79c3c6a0.jpg
  • MidwestAngel
    Options

Like a plantain? Plantains are usually more girthy but I think you could get away with it, yes.
    I was more thinking something with cream filling.
  • Countryboy_
    Countryboy_ Posts: 618
    Options

Twinkie?

Ding-Dong?

Ho-Ho?
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi! Bananas are not going to hinder your weight loss. The banana is full of potassium as well as other important nutrients and a natural sugar. Whole foods including fresh fruits and vegetables are the best way to achieve your weight loss goals. There is nothing ever wrong with eating fruits and vegetables, it's all in how you prepare them such as frying, that can be bad. I eat a banana every morning with a bowl of homemade oatmeal for breakfast and no problems here.
    Lisa
  • MidwestAngel
    Options

Ding-Dong?

Ho-Ho?
    Something close to this combination.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I have bananas everyday and I am losing weight. I also eat peanut butter every day and that is also said to be bad. At least I will be skinnier when I die, apparently.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options

121116_2_twinkie_ap_328.jpg
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yessss eat the banana! =)

I think I'd die if I didn't have my banana sliced inbetween two Eggo waffles with peanut butter... :love:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    lolno
  • roxy08fox
    roxy08fox Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every day and have lost 20lbs in 8 weeks :)
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If eating banana's is wrong, I don't wanna be right ;-)

Especially on wheat bread with natural peanut butter....OMG....
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Not unless you top it with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
  • Rskaer
    Rskaer Posts: 14
    Options
    They won't hinder your weight loss as long as you make them fit into your calorie/macro goals for the day.

this

bananas are good for you

however I rarely eat them because my kids eat them all before I get a chance to

this is what happens in my house too