Beware when offered Help

Options
2»

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    There are lots of groups on MFP for very specific diet or exercise goals as well as some more general ones. I'm sure you will find a nice group of people.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I SWEAR TO GOD DARLIN SOME OF US ARE REAL PEOPLE.

Hows that comeback doin? mighty mighty? eye of the tiger on your ringtone yet? yeah?
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up . I haven't been in that scenario but this will remind me to keep my guard in check.
  • dramallamaduck
    dramallamaduck Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! I never really thought about this, but it does make sense. I'm really closed off with my Facebook. I will not add someone until I've at least seen them in person. I have a Facebook page for my blog if anyone that reads wants to connect with me. Otherwise, I have a policy of no friend unless I've touched you (shaken hands, etc...).
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Sorry they were so rude to you!! Congrats on the weight loss to date. Looks like you are doing well. You WILL be fine..
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Thanks for all the support ! Incredible! ...and I hope I am able for even one person to avoid that nonsense. I am fine I just thought it was so thoughtless...Pretending to help someone so you can sell something.

Anyway, the good news. I have done two to three workouts for 10 days in a row! I got back in the pool after a 5 month layoff and did 500 meters with no problem! My food has been spot on and I even ate Subway instead of Mother-in-law's chile relleno's on Saturday (she had a restaurant for 25 years)!!

Thanks for all of the support and friend invites and offers. I workout by myself. I run, lift, cycle and swim by myself. So the support here with everything is nice.

The people who responded to this thread are the kind of people that are here for the right reason! Thanks again! 100 lbs lost will be here soon!
  • who922
    who922 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Did you refuse their Advocare or Shakeolgy or something? That will usually do it for those trolls...

It was Shakeology and Beachbody.
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Did you refuse their Advocare or Shakeolgy or something? That will usually do it for those trolls...

It was Shakeology and Beachbody.

Yep, sounds about right. Sorry to hear that happened to you! Not to know all the "coaches", but it seems to always be the case with stories like this.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Good advise.
    Best of luck to you for your pursuit of your goals.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear what happened to you. I prefer MFP for this journey because we all share a common goal -- being healthy and supporting each other.

Best of luck to you!
  • Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I knew it would be Shakeology. I was all excited about a challenge group too. I was ok with buying stuff but when I saw that the "kits" were between 120-265 dollars, I was like oh HELL NO! I spend enough at the gym, and I live on the 3rd floor...I can't really be doing intense fitness routines up here.