It starts today.

Options
RGv2
RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
One of the best sporting events in the country..

The Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament.

8 hrs of hockey watching today, tomorrow, and Friday. Over 18K packing into the X.

minnesota-high-school-hockey-tournament.jpg

Replies

• SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How I understand hockey....

8sTAw.gif
  • RGv2
    Options

8sTAw.gif

That's not hockey. That's a bunch of guys that can't skate.

best-hockey-goal-ever-o.gif
  • RGv2
    Options
    The Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament is the largest state high school tournament in the United States, surpassing Texas and Florida’s High School Football tournaments as well as Indiana’s High School Basketball tournament.

http://site.hockeytrain.com/blog/minnesota-state-high-school-hockey-tournament/
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I don;t understand the High School/College sport stuff in the US.

Hell, we used to play sports on a muddy field in the pouring rain and no one ever came to watch.
  • RGv2
    Options

Hell, we used to play sports on a muddy field in the pouring rain and no one ever came to watch.

What does playing on a muddy field in the pouring rain have to do with anything?
  • MeeshyBW
    MeeshyBW Posts: 382 Member
    Options

What does playing on a muddy field in the pouring rain have to do with anything?

I just mean our sports we play in high school or college are in no way the spectacle that they are in the US.

I think it's amazing really, i wish it was like it over here.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    So awesome. Love hockey. Played all my life till I got married and then fat. Once I get some more endurance back I hope to be back at it. Maybe by next season. Also living in phoenix now makes me wish I was back up north where hockey actually meant something to people.
  • RGv2
    Options
    So awesome. Love hockey. Played all my life till I got married and then fat. Once I get some more endurance back I hope to be back at it. Maybe by next season. Also living in phoenix now makes me wish I was back up north where hockey actually meant something to people.

I hear ya. I played in a couple pond hockey tourneys this year. I hadn't skated "competitively" since my oldest was born (4 years). He just finished his first year of hockey, so it was nice to be able to get out and skate. My legs didn't function the day after the tournaments, but it was still a blast.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Big schools get after it today...

Another full day.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I played hockey in hs and my team consited of proctor, hermantown, and marshal. So I hope Hermantown kicks some butt...good luck boys!
  • RGv2
    Options
    I think Hermantown railed Duluth Marshall.
  • RGv2
    Options
    Semi-Final Friday.

Best day of the tournament.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options

8sTAw.gif

The old joke - "I went to a boxing match and it turned into a hockey game":laugh:
  • RGv2
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1kvUDNRjeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmdc6sfjIjo

Another one in the books. Solid Tourney again this year. Good to see a public school take AA.

117K people through the doors, 17,500 for the title game Saturday Night.