Medical ID Bracelets!!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I just have a quick question. Does anyone have a medical id bracelet? If so where did you buy it from and are they worth getting. I really want one and i know I need one but I'm not sure which place is the best place to buy it from. Any feedback about this topic would be appreciated. Thanks a million. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Awwww, I came here thinking this was going to be about what our medical bracelets would say. FYI, mine would say: "In case of collapse, save the cats!"

Sorry that I can't answer your actual question.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Hm, I don't know. Maybe jewelry shops that do repairs? I've seen some beautiful ID bracelets, hope you find what you need!
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My friend has a really pretty one she got from Lauren's Hope. They have nicer than just the plain ones. I've got one from a jewelry shop in the past.

http://www.laurenshope.com/products/355/2013-catalog
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Medic Alert. Alot of the bracelets just have what info they can fit on it. If you get a Medic Alert, they put the immediate info on it (like illnesses and medication allergies) then it has an id number and an 800 number that the responders or hospital can call to get additional information that might not be on the bracelet (say you updated your account with a new allergy, but didn't get a new bracelet) including your health insurance information, they will provide the hospital/responder with the contact information for your primary and your emergency contact AND Medic Alert will contact your primary care physician and your emergency contact to let them know that something happened and what hospital you are at.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I just have a quick question. Does anyone have a medical id bracelet? If so where did you buy it from and are they worth getting. I really want one and i know I need one but I'm not sure which place is the best place to buy it from. Any feedback about this topic would be appreciated. Thanks a million. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

My son had one as a toddler ~ and I need to order him a new one. You can get one w/out monitoring, but I suggest the monitoring if you have a bad allergy or condition because ALL of your medical stuff is stored there and medics can call and get it in a flash. I think Medic Alert does it!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The pharmacy I go to has some brochures for medical ID bracelets. They also carry key chains that show some common allergies. My Hubs got one that says "bee sting" because he's severely allergic but hates wearing jewelry.

About a year ago, I bought myself a Road ID bracelet which is basically the same idea but I got it more for when I'm out walking/running. It includes my name, address, Hubs phone #, my health insurance info and my allergy info. It's a lot easier to wear this on a band than carry my license and insurance card every time.

And that reminds me, I need to get an update - my employer changed insurance carriers and Hubs got a new phone number!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I got mine from www.n-styleid.com they have some really nice ones
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I sorta have one - it's dual purpose. It has a "saying" i wanted on top, on the bottom my name, EMG contact info and the words "NO MIR's". I bought it so if I was out walking, biking, etc and something happened, info would be available. The NO MIR's is in case the ER doesn't notice the 12" scar on my back and try to do one - metal embedded in the spine is BAD in MIR's.

It's a steel plate on a silicon jelly band (can be swapped out w/ 8 different color bands).

Got mine from "Go Sport ID . com"
  • jjuullzz
    jjuullzz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have several! If you have to wear one every day, why not have options?
    Anyway, I've bought a bunch over the years. And I guess it depends on what style you like. I've had the generic stainless steel ones, the rubbery sporty ones, even a necklace or two. But the most recent site that I've found, that has reasonable prices and a boat load of options is Sticky Jewelry. www.stickyj.com. Happy shopping!
  • SlimmingBeauty88
    SlimmingBeauty88 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback. I will most def be taking your advice. I have to wear one everyday so I wanted to know if anyone else out there had one and where to get the cute one's from. lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Thank you all! Hope you all have a blessed day. :wink: