Need Workout Buddy, but Can't seem to Find one!

Options
2»

Replies

• rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time getting motivated. I found a group on here that is doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It's a DVD I already had at home. The workout is 20 min (30 min including my stretch before and warmdown). Easier to fit that in then a whole hour workout. I have been doing it in the morning (I am NOT a morning person) but I find that it's done and I can go home and have dinner and not worry about fitting in my workout. Great results (from other posters....) so I am hoping for the same for me. Just started March 1. I hope that helps. You can check it out. It's an open group. The DVD is pretty cheap too (under $10). Best of luck!!
  • TomjsAj
    TomjsAj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't have hiking buddies till I found MEETUP.COM. I found a ton of groups and some only girl groups and in my city. It has been awesome! The site if for any activity or interest and their is a lot of fitness groups all around on it.
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!

And by the way I am located in Georgia - around Roswell/Woodstock area if anyone on here is nearby me!

I know that I can't soley rely on a workout buddy, but I just wanted the accountability to have to meet someone to make sure I get myself out there lol. I did have a talk with my boyfriend last night and he agreed to start working out with me.

Usually the problem is he'll get lazy and not want to do anything after he gets home, so I know he'll help me if we can do it together -- I'm just going to have to be the one keeping up the motivation and drive to do it daily.

Last night - I also finally set up my PS3 online, so at least when I don't feel like working out outside or cant because of weather -- I just jump on youtube really quick and pick through all sorts of workout videos.

I'm ready to do this - just gotta keep up my motivation & momentum! I can do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • rebeccasummer4
    rebeccasummer4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey I just saw your post about a workout buddy. I don't know if you're still interested, but I've been looking for a swim partner for some time now. I'm over in the Roswell area and work out at LA Fitness after work (usually at the gym around 5:30 depending on which location).

Anyways, not sure if you're interested in hopping in the pool or not, but feel free to friend me either way! I wouldn't mind trying a yoga, pilates, or spin class at some time too. Honestly didn't feel like trying a class alone so I haven't.

Anyways, good luck with everything!

-Rebecca