Controlling Sugar?

Options
2»

Replies

• 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Once you get used to eliminating most of the sugar from your diet it doens't feel that hard to keep it that way. Your taste buds actually change and things that didn't taste sweet before start to taste very sweet with just a tiny bit of sugar.

I've been doing a slow carb diet for a while (averaging something like 20g of sugar per day) and things like 87% chocolate now taste quite sweet, whereas they were basically inedible to my palate before. This also means I've almost completely cut out fruit and dairy and things like that, but I eat lots of veggies, meat and beans and such and can eat until I'm totally full whenever I'm hungry and still don't overeat.

It is a challenge when you're getting used to it because they add sugar to EVERYTHING it seems. I mean, what on earth is sugar doing in Sriracha hot sauce?? But the upside is that if you read the label, find sugar and put it back on the shelf, you eliminate most of the processed garbage out of your diet. :)

And yogurt is one of the worst offenders. I read an article recently where there is so much sugar in most yogurt (low fat versions being the worst offenders) that you might as well just eat candy. It's disturbing that companies market things as health food that are really junk food.

I absolutely LOVE it when Sugar is in my yogurt.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Once you get used to eliminating most of the sugar from your diet it doens't feel that hard to keep it that way. Your taste buds actually change and things that didn't taste sweet before start to taste very sweet with just a tiny bit of sugar.

I've been doing a slow carb diet for a while (averaging something like 20g of sugar per day) and things like 87% chocolate now taste quite sweet, whereas they were basically inedible to my palate before. This also means I've almost completely cut out fruit and dairy and things like that, but I eat lots of veggies, meat and beans and such and can eat until I'm totally full whenever I'm hungry and still don't overeat.

It is a challenge when you're getting used to it because they add sugar to EVERYTHING it seems. I mean, what on earth is sugar doing in Sriracha hot sauce?? But the upside is that if you read the label, find sugar and put it back on the shelf, you eliminate most of the processed garbage out of your diet. :)

And yogurt is one of the worst offenders. I read an article recently where there is so much sugar in most yogurt (low fat versions being the worst offenders) that you might as well just eat candy. It's disturbing that companies market things as health food that are really junk food.

I am dying here!!!! :laugh:
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

SUGAR should be included in everybody's diet!

Some people love me dipped in Sirircha hot sauce.

Other love me in whipped cream.

Just gotta go with the flow.

Amirite?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

SUGAR should be included in everybody's diet!

Some people love me dipped in Sirircha hot sauce.

Other love me in whipped cream.

Just gotta go with the flow.

Amirite?

THIS time. But I love you too much to let you do the hot sauce dip. I need you around for a good long time.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Do ya'll know if there is a way to manually enter the nutritional facts of your food? I haven't really been using this but since yesterday and when I go to enter my food, it has me search for a food. But the food I'm eating is never actually the food options given in a search. Is there a way to manually enter your ACTUAL meal? I feel like I'm going over on my calories because of this problem. Thank you. (:

Yes, search for a food, and then once you get the list of choices you will see "Add a Food to the Database" underneath. You can also add your own recipes that you use often (like a batch of salsa) to get the calories per portion.
  • srach21
    srach21 Posts: 29
    Options
    That stinks about yogurt. :/ I have been eating a lot of yogurt because my doctor recommends it to help with healthy lady part business..stuff. lol.
    I feel like I need to find foods that fill you up. I have only had an orange and a yogurt cup so far today and that was right before my noon class. And now I'm hungry. Hm. :/
    This health thing is TOUGH, but SO worth it!
  • srach21
    srach21 Posts: 29
    Options
    ah! thank you so much. I've been just trying to find stuff on the database that kinda sounds like what I ate lol.
    This defniitely helps. (: