2 months no weight loss

Options
Here's my info, since everyone seems to like a lot of details:

38 years old. Never been 'overweight' but never 'thin' either.
Started working out when I was in college and never really stopped.
5'2", was 120-130 for most of my adult life, have now shot up to 135 in the past 6 months (possibly from moving in with my boyfriend who cooks a lot).
I work out around 4-6 times a week. A mixture of high intensity boot camps (functional fitness/crossfit style but not that oppressive), lower intensity strength workouts and jogging (between 1 mile before or after class to 3-4 miles if I'm just running). Sometimes rock climb too. I do realize I've likely gained muscle that could explain some of the weight gain, but my pants also don't fit :-( This is all fairly surprising to the coaches at the gym, since people generally drop weight significantly when they start working out there.
I have my numbers set to 1200 calories and I generally go at or over a bit over (since when I go over it warns me I might die!) especially if I've gotten a lot of exercise that day. I tend to go over in protein as well but I think mine is set too low. I mostly avoid breads except a day or two a week and if so, make my own flatbread which is only whole wheat flour and water. My boyfriend has been cooking more paleo style meals so more veggies/less cheese and bread. There is a decent amount of meat but i try to mix that up by having veggie burgers (NOT soy based products, just veggies and seeds). I don't drink soda, only water. Smoothies for breakfast, lean meats, whole grains and veggies for lunch and same for dinner. Very minimal processed foods. I cut down on my alcohol consumption when I started this journal so only drink once or so a week and never beer, only wine or whiskey. Minimal amount of sugary foods - I don't keep any sweets in the house so the only time I'd splurge is if it were 'out' somewhere which is rare.
Honesty: During the past few weeks I've been away several weekends and not monitoring my intake as well as when I'm home. So more than likely there have been a few weekends where I've consumed an excess of calories or the wrong kind of calories. Even then, we're not talking mcdonalds and such, more like cheese, salami, bread type of thing, or taco salad with ground beef (was grass fed) and cheese and a few glasses of wine. Or going out to dinner somewhere where I don't know what exactly is on my pork loin. Is it possible that once a week 'splurges' are ruining my weekday goals to that extent? I'm almost always getting exercise on those days as well. I tend to go down a few lbs then up (not necessarily after those weekends). Just about every time I click my green button it says that in 5 weeks I should weigh anywhere between 12 and 5 lbs less than I currently do, yet that's not happening.
Generally in the past when I hit 130 I would just watch what I eat and cut down and booze and bam, I'd drop 5 lbs. As I creep closer to 40 that is not the case. (Weep womp).
Happy to answer any questions anyone might have to help me sort this out. I'd open my diary if I thought anyone would look at it (and if someone tells me how to do so).
Thanks very much for your help! I'm going out of town to a conference in a few hours so I may not be quick to respond but I will! And I'll need some motivation to not go out of control with the conference foods :-) I WILL make time to go for runs each day - I'll be in Florida!
Thanks - PDX

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Calculate your numbers from this link, TDEE - cut % and eat that everyday.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the road map thread. It looks like you're undereating for your activity level. I know it sounds counterintuitive, but I've had to eat more to beat every plateau I've hit.
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you, I'm going to check this out! I never feel hungry or low energy so I presumed I was eating enough calories. But maybe not. In my 20s it was always a matter of eating less which would do the trick (and I would still have energy and feel good for workouts). But maybe that's not the case as I've gotten.... dum dum DUM... older.
  • AbbyPDX
    AbbyPDX Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I do guess though that prior to keeping the food diary I was eating more... not a TON but just more calories. And doing the same exercise... and gaining weight. So I'm still a bit nervous about all this.