Slump

Options
I know we all go through this but it's hard to get through the times where the scale doesn't move even though you're working your tushy off at the gym and in the kitchen. I'm doing a really awesome job! Please tell me to keep going... :)

I have about 25-30 pounds left to go. And even though I'm seeing changes in the mirror, the scale gets me discouraged. You know what I mean?

Replies

• hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, and do measurements. My losses have significantly slowed lately, but I'm losing inches and that keeps me going. You can do it!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Take photos and measurements. Learn to rely on the scale less.

Oh, and keep going! Congrats on the 50lb loss so far. :flowerforyou:
  • FitBelleVie
    FitBelleVie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I really wish that I didn't care what the scale says... But I do. Plus, according to "BMI" I'm obese... I would love to have a normal BMI LOL. Although, even when my body fat % was only about 24%, I was still "obese" according to my BMI. I pack a ton of muscle but I still want the scale to move! And I am not shooting for the stars... my goal is still about 40 pounds more than a doctor would recommend what my weight should be. Ugh, it's so frustrating!!!
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    tumblr_maecp61Pdx1qke924o1_500.png
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. I have lost 25lbs so far and still have 20 to go. man alive, Ive been hovering around the same weight for like 3 weeks!! Its mega frustrating I know. All Ive heard from others is to just keep at it, and eventually the levy will break as they say!! I hope they're right!! haha
  • ellewood74
    ellewood74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try not to rely on the scale so much. Base it on how your clothes are fitting. It makes me feel better. :smile: