Post Menopause Women - Before and Afters

Options
2»

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I agree - she has to want it. I am 54, post menopause for about three years. I lost 46 pounds last year and am now the same size I was in High School. I did it with a 180 on eating lifestyle and getting more active. I am working on maintaining the same lifestyle and putting more exercise in my life.

If she wants a great book to read - and it did change my life - get her "The Menopause Makeover"... I wished this book had been around when I started really packing on the weight in my mid 40s!
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 55 y.o. 5' 4.5" ( became an official post menopausal member 5 months ago) - have lost 53 lbs since September 2012 by cutting out some junk "comfort" foods, watching portion sizes, and upping my exercise level. I will be running my first 5k in late April. I am now 127 lbs. and am enjoying the increased energy level I have, a much improved blood pressure, and the renewed fun I have in shopping for clothes!
    Wishing your mom the best! It is great that you are encouraging her this way.
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    Bump
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I just started this at the end of December 2012...and I've lost 17 pounds so far (with lots to go, but I'm confident I can get there!). I have some medical issues that make it difficult to exercise (the same medical issues which are the motivation for me to lose weight), so most of this weight has come off simply by watching what I eat.

As someone else said above, the "secret" is retraining your eating habits and finding the motivation to want to change.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'll post pics when I get home.
  • beachgirl172723
    beachgirl172723 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!