Alcohol and abdominal fat

tenajh
tenajh Posts: 208 Member
I drink 5-10 oz red wine nightly. Been researching and curious about what you think....time to give it up?? Have more abd fat then I want right now, looking for a flat stomach by June and need to kickstart an action plan. Moving slow with building muscle mass.

Replies

• carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    yes sadly you need to give it up. Me too:(
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    I've only lost weight while being drunk.
  • Irontri7
    Irontri7 Posts: 143 Member
    From my research and experience, your body stores fat based on excess calories. It doesn't care where the calories come from and genetics determines where on the body the fat is stored.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    I dunno, what is that, 2 glasses? My take on it is if it works in your calories and the rest of your day is spent eating the way you intended to, then enjoy your wine and relax. I wouldn't take something away from myself if I enjoyed it, and it wasnt blatantly sabatoging me. Plus I think red wine is good for you in moderation.
  • jennifer_255
    jennifer_255 Posts: 86 Member
    iv noticed if i have a night out ill have like a 200-300 cal meal in that 24 hour period and use all my cals up on my evening events :) when i do this i do actually lose a bit. i do it maximum once every week on a regular basis every three weeks. and theres been a few weeks where i have lost nothing and did what i have just said above and then its kick started my weight loss again x
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Its true Wine has some empty calories, but if it meets your goals and your counting it.. you don't need to eliminate it.. Its not like you drink a glass and you have more ab fat. It could make your progress better to eat nutritious meals, as abs are made in the kitchen and from your diet.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Well, that is going to be about 110 - 300 calories, depending on the wine and amount. Consuming those calories through wine is unlikely to affect your weight more than if you consumed the same calories in some other treat.