I AM SCARED

I posted before on this form but I am not convinced yet , actually am lost , I started from last january by structly eating 1500 and by the end of feburary I weighted THE SAME 154 lbs so I calculated my TDEE and I figured out I have to eat 1700 but I think its not working . Now my prom is most probably the 1st of july and I would like to be lie 130 lbs by that time and as I am the president of the student council I REALY WANT TO LOOK GOOD . PLEASE anyone help tell me how many calories should I eat and what will work am hopeless .
P.S : I am 18 years old , 154 lbs , 5'2

Replies

• Shellbug75
    Shellbug75 Posts: 74 Member
    I posted before on this form but I am not convinced yet , actually am lost , I started from last january by structly eating 1500 and by the end of feburary I weighted THE SAME 154 lbs so I calculated my TDEE and I figured out I have to eat 1700 but I think its not working . Now my prom is most probably the 1st of july and I would like to be lie 130 lbs by that time and as I am the president of the student council I REALY WANT TO LOOK GOOD . PLEASE anyone help tell me how many calories should I eat and what will work am hopeless .
    P.S : I am 18 years old , 154 lbs , 5'2

Hi there. There is a site that you can figure out your actual TDEE and your BMR. I will post the link below for you so you can double check.

I used the info you provided. For your age and I made you moderately active (3-5 hrs of moderate exercise a week). So the results are: Your TDEE is 2365 calories a day (that is to maintain your weight). You then take 20% of that away for weight loss and it equals out to 1892 calories a day. That is what you can set your goal at. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's not. Your BMR is 1525. If anything, please remember you NEVER want to eat below your BMR.

So to sum it up...you can eat 1892 calories a day if you work out 3 to 5 hours a week (it doesn't have to be a huge work out). You can have lower calories than that if you want, but you do not go any lower than 1525.

Here is the link: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator

If you need any more help, or are confused, please let me know. Good luck!
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Keep up the good work. Instead of relying solely on the scale you might take some measurements. For some this seems to be a better gauge to measure your progress.
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Hi! There are a few questions I have for you. What type of nutrition/diet plan are you currently following? You stated that your calculated calorie intake is not working. What types of foods are you consuming to reach that 1700 mark? How much physical activity are you currently getting? These are all factors in determining success in your weight loss goal. My recommendation would be to evaluate what you are eating. Write everything down and stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I know that is hard, but you want to try and aim for a clean diet. Clean diet is fruits, vegetables, lean meats such as chicken, pork and if you eat red meat the leaner cut the better. Drink plenty of water, because water is so important and most people lack in this area. Evaluate your physical activity? Weight loss is not just diet. How much cardio are you getting? I will send you a friend request and we can talk much further. I am here for support and motivation and I can help you reach the goal you have set for July 1st. Take care and have a great day.
    Lisa
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Shellbug,

Hi there. I went to Scooby's Home Workout site that you posted the link for. I'm confused because according to his calculator my BMI is 1346. But MFP set my daily goal at 1200 calories. Not sure what to think.
  • gwenny0407
    gwenny0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi there,

I am 152.4 pounds currently and 5'2. It is VERY hard to lose weight at this point. If I eat 1500 calories I go nowhere. I averaged about 1300-1600 this last week and I only lost .6 lbs. You really have to stick to the 1200 mark if you want to see faster movement. I'm getting married in July, and I REALLY want to be at 130. I feel your pain sister! :) Keep up the great work. I WILL come off. Just gotta make small tweak to figure out your body. :)

Gwen
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Please read this link. It should clear up any questions but you have to follow it carefully or it won't be correct and work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
  • judydelo1
    judydelo1 Posts: 281 Member
    Thanks Mockchoc!! I'll do this tomorrow when I have a tape measure and get real numbers to work with!