Getting married need motivation!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Um, you're getting married in October. What other motivation do you need?

You are so right... That should and will be my motivation :):):)
  • mrsfurby14
    Options
    Shouldn't
    A. Getting married
    B. Your health in general

be enough for motivation? I mean those things ARE your motivation. Find it within and you have some nice cheerleaders here. But never count on anybody for motivation.

Yes those 2 should be motivation for me, thanks for reminding me...
  • mrsfurby14
    Options
    Postpone or cancel the wedding

Want to take off my garter?

LOL
  • herbgardengirl
    Options
    The movies "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and "Hungry For Change" have been very motivating for me.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I applaud your desire to lose weight but give yourself some slack, planning a wedding can be very stressful. If you can't do a lot because you are still recoving from foot surgery, try swimming or water aerobics to get some exercise. I think you have found some good "diet buddies" on here. I have found this site to be very helpful for me and I wish you the best in achieving your goals.
  • mrsamyyoung2012
    mrsamyyoung2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I just got married September 2012, and believe me I wish I would've gotten the weight off before. I have my pictures now and I'm not the size that I wish I would've been. My husband and I are now doing this together to get healthy. Add me and I'll be a motivator for you!
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I need some motivation real bad.. I am getting married in October of this year and I would love to lose 50lbs or more.
    There are a lot of marathons in October, you can sign up for one of those. I live in Richmond, va and we have a really good training program for marathons, if you can run 3 miles, then by the end of training, you can run a marathon. I know you didn't say you wanted to run a marathon but...

How about inviting some of the wedding party to train with you on the race? Fine a marathon the week before your wedding date and have your bachelorette party in that same city. Then the next weekend you can relax and get married!

Sort of this... It's what I'm doing. I'm getting married May 25 and doing a local 1/2 marathon 3 weeks before. I wouldn't recommend doing one the week before you're wedding. Women get stressed out enough just getting things ready, you don't want the two things bumping up too much. Also, there's the whole dress-fitting-while-losing-weight issue. I actually went with a corset back dress because I truly don't know what size I'll be in May!

And one of my bridesmaids suggested having the bachelorette party the weekend of my half. I did this same race last year and there is *no way* I could enjoy myself. It's too physically exhausting, especially when you're still carrying a bit of weight. So we're doing the party the following week.

Having that race to train for though is very motivating - it certainly keeps you on a schedule once you plunk down the money and commit to the challenge! The endorphins help with the planning stress, too. :wink:
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Exercise together with your fiance--it'll be a good stress reliever for wedding planning AND something you two can do together to strengthen body & relationship. :) Feel free to add me.
  • mrsfurby14
    Options
    Exercise together with your fiance--it'll be a good stress reliever for wedding planning AND something you two can do together to strengthen body & relationship. :) Feel free to add me.

Might see if he wants to do that. I think we will when it gets warmer outside since its still so cold and snowy outside its hard right now to go outside. Thanks for the advice.
  • katie1286
    katie1286 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I understand your needing extra motivation. I'm getting married in May, but I've been engaged for a year and a couple months already. Having the extended timeline before the wedding makes it hard to stay motivated! So while, in terms of planning, you probably feel like October is right around the corner. In terms of fitness, it's easy to tell yourself that you have plenty of time.

Try to have smaller goals that are in your more immediate future.

I ran a 5K.
    I just completed 30 Day Shred.
    I'm going to do another 30 day fitness program.
    I've signed up for classes at the YMCA and made it a goal to not miss any of those classes.

The smaller goals are much easier to focus on working toward than something that is still multiple months away. I'm not saying any of those particular goals are the right ones for you. But having smaller, focused challenges to be completed soon are easier than a more general and bigger goal that's a long ways away.
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated! Im getting married in August and within the last 7 months I have almost lost 40 lbs. I went from a size 15/16 to a size 9/10. and Have lost 9 inches off my waist and 6 inches off my hips. I started losing the weight so I could look amazing in my wedding dress but after the weight started coming off I was more focused on doing it to be healthy and live a long life! Congrats on your wedding and keep up the good work!!
  • mrsfurby14
    Options
    Stay motivated! Im getting married in August and within the last 7 months I have almost lost 40 lbs. I went from a size 15/16 to a size 9/10. and Have lost 9 inches off my waist and 6 inches off my hips. I started losing the weight so I could look amazing in my wedding dress but after the weight started coming off I was more focused on doing it to be healthy and live a long life! Congrats on your wedding and keep up the good work!!

Thanks and congrats on your wedding as well..
  • Mianjo1961
    Options
    I there I know is so hard to loose those pound but tell you what I need someone to
    Cheer. Me up too so why don't we reward each other every month for every ten pounds
    That we loose like if you loose the 10 pounds buy a little something that you want and post
    The picture and I will do the same come on u can do it post any message if u feel like u can
    And I will be there for u and same with me . So we can due girl what u.think and u will be the most
    Beautiful bride ever (and you are very pretty already girl) so lest do this if you agree by the
    Way my nick name is Milano. I will post my photo this week.
  • mrsfurby14
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies..