dietbet.com... anyone try it? did you like it?

Options
I am thinking to start a challenge that uses dietbet.com. wondering if anyone out there has used it?

Replies

• peterdt
    peterdt Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    surely there must be someone on MFP who has tried it?
  • peterdt
    Options
    please :)
  • jessvolpe
    jessvolpe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting one today! Our pot is over $3,000! I think it's motivating...and you can lose money! What's not to love?
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just started today too (well, late last night), and yeah, it's a $12,915 pot! I have to lose 9.6 pounds by April 3rd, but I know I can do it. :) Good luck to you guys, I'm going to use MFP every day to stay on my goal, so I really think these two sites work well together.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I'm in one now :) 3 more weeks... it's kind of fun so far :)
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    This challenge is actually what led me to the site, so I'm going to start it in the middle of the one we're doing now: http://www.dietbet.com/games/9856 . It's from the blog of the sisters from the Biggest Loser. I've never loved any of the contestants so much, but they're both so inspiring and fun, I'm really excited to do that.

Do you guys know if it's frowned upon to do 2 challenges that overlap? I joined for the MyFitspiration challenge, but then decided to just jump into the Anti-Jared last night because I didn't want to wait until 3/18.
  • peterdt
    Options
    This challenge is actually what led me to the site, so I'm going to start it in the middle of the one we're doing now: http://www.dietbet.com/games/9856 . It's from the blog of the sisters from the Biggest Loser. I've never loved any of the contestants so much, but they're both so inspiring and fun, I'm really excited to do that.

Do you guys know if it's frowned upon to do 2 challenges that overlap? I joined for the MyFitspiration challenge, but then decided to just jump into the Anti-Jared last night because I didn't want to wait until 3/18.

in their rules it says you can do up to 5 at a time. where did you hear that more than one is not ok?
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    i've never heard of that one so i'll have to look into it. but i've been using healthywage.com
  • NCMeg
    NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've done two (lost both because I didn't try) but I'm getting ready to try another one. If anyone is interested, we start on Monday. Message me and I can give you the link. We are a small group of 9 so far with a $10 buy in.
  • sassyladi0404
    sassyladi0404 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am starting the dietbet with the sisters of biggest losers season 11

“MyFitspiration's 2013 weight loss/fitness challenge! http://bit.ly/myfitsdb

Check it out
  • mandytriv
    mandytriv Posts: 13
    Options
    I love the concept. I've done 2 and it looks like I'm not going to win the 2nd one. I did find it helpful because it did help me lose weight- just not enough. I'm doing strength training as well as cardio so I'm just not losing as fast. I would say join one with a low pay in.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Just go to the website and enter any game you want to :) there's no secret to it, find one you can afford or has a ton of players with a huge pot. dietbet.com