1 month NSV's - It isn't always easy - Lot's of positives

Options
suzbaru
suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
I am going to do a sandwich post. Positive, Negative, Positive!

+ I know I am doing better. During the first few weeks of kick boxing, I had to stop for water 4-5 times during class. Now I can keep up with the class and only stop for water when Eric (our instructor) tells us too.

+ I am starting to see and feel leg definition. My outer thigh and quads are becoming separate muscle groups underneath the fat, ugh, fat, BOOOOO!!!!

+ I am resisting the urge to get the scale out. It's hard but only 4 days till I can see what I've accomplished. I also know that the muscle is coming so I'm not expecting mass pounds lost. Luckily, I know I can only gain a pound or less a week in muscle so I don't have to worry about a massive 4-5 pound swing.

- Let's see what else... I'm still struggling with coffee and vodka. They are both my vices. I am definitely limiting myself, which is awesome but I need to keep working on it.

+ I'm down to drinking coffee every other day or every 2 days. I have kept it down to one cup, no longer half a pot or more. It is more of the morning ritual of something warm rather than needing caffeine, tea just doesn't taste the same for me, I've tried. The closest it lemon juice in warm water, it's just so different.

-/+ I'm down to 1-2 drinks midweek and 1-2 on Friday or Saturday. This is a huge improvement for me. I'm now starting to feel guilty in having empty calories but it's so much fun to driveway drink with my husband and friends.

+ Week 2 of C25K (Couch to 5k) is going well, the first two rotations of 90 seconds; I thought would be the end of me. I stopped about 10-15 seconds early and then I hit my stride the rest were no problem at all!

Replies

• AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you for recognizing positives!! As for the negatives though, I don't think they are necessarily negative. Heck, I still drink coffee and vodka and I've been in maintenance for years!!! I couldn't live without my morning coffee and my Friday night drinks! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!