Hello! New! Here to Lose my first 30 pounds!

Options
My name is Pamela. I am about 60 pounds over weight. I have four children that keep me very busy. Due to a desk job and children absorbing all of energy the weight came on fast. I weighted 130 in the year 2006 and I hope by the end of the journey I am about to take, I will see myself again! My plan is to take baby steps, so I will try for 30 pounds first and the final 30 pounds next. Thank you for listening!

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pamela, baby steps ever see the movie (What About Bob) hahahaha Good Movie. Anyway Good Luck with your goal.;-)
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck :)
  • anjimounger
    Options
    Hi

I also am trying to loose 30 pounds!
    You encourage me and I will cheer for you! :flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. By taking baby steps you will be more likely to keep it off. This makes good sense! Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi Pamela, I totally know how you feel. It's so easy to pack on the pounds when you get pregnant and have several kids. I just started MFP this last week in hopes that it will also help me. So far, I find that logging my calories in everyday helps me stay on track and be accountable for what I'm putting into my body. The people on here are also very supportive of one another which is great. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Great place to be for support, encouragement, and ideas. feel free to add me as a friend!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm actually doing the extra same thing as you. I'm starting with 30 pounds and then tentatively want to lose another 30. It's definitely going to be a long journey, but I'm 11 pounds into it. Feel free to add me as a friend for some moral support. Hopefully we'll be able to celebrate losing 60 pounds in the future :)