Strange things I have seen at the gyms treadmills today.

Options
124»

Replies

• jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????
    DUDE!!! :devil:

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:

I wear hearing aids due to nerve deafness. The nerves that connect to my balance centers are also affected. I cannot walk on a treadmill without holding on, or I will fall.

We're not all so blessed as to be able to do that simple little thing.

I agree that people need to not be so quick to judge. My boyfriend has cerebral palsy and as a result, his balance is HORRIBLE. Even while holding onto the bars, he is likely to stumble if he is not actively trying not to fall off. You gotta do what you gotta do to get a workout in.

Which is why people need to mind their own business about who's doing what at the gym. No one knows why someone is doing a workout the way they are and to make fun of them or say that the way they do it "annoys" them is ridiculous.

Not making fun and these things don't annoy me. Mister Rocky Balboa scared the *kitten* out of me when he started yelling. People are going to notice things you do in a gym when you are doing something out of the ordinary.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Not making fun and these things don't annoy me. Mister Rocky Balboa scared the *kitten* out of me when he started yelling. People are going to notice things you do in a gym when you are doing something out of the ordinary.

Your post started out funny though, which I liked. Then it turned to what annoys people at the gym etc. etc.

I'd probably have jumped and fallen off whatever equipment I was on if I was next to him and he started doing that.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    At least they're moving :)

On Facebook, I like to visit the page "Awkward gym moments"

They also have motivational posts too.

This one isn't as awkward, but for some reason I get a kick out of it.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=110545919119838&set=vb.381641995257474&type=2&theater
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of god.......... STOP HOLDING ON TO THE MACHINE! whats the effen point of putting the treadmill on a steep incline if youre gonna HOLD ON!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????

Please just get off the treadmill and let a hottie with awesome spandex or a running skirt get on!! :bigsmile:

Because a steep incline is a great way to get the heart pumping. So what if I'm holding on while I'm doing it? Seriously. What is it with these people who are so busy watching everyone else work out and are SO worried and concerned about what I'm doing? Concentrate on your own workout and mind your own business.

*This has nothing to do with the OP because you're talking about the weird things that you see at the gym which are pretty funny.*

I did the elliptical in socks once because I forgot my shoes. This was at the small corporate gym I worked out at and I actually went out to see if anyone had sneakers and they didn't and I was about to change back into my clothes and go back to work but the girl behind the desk wouldn't let me. She said I could do it in my socks LOL.

Its all good in the hood playa.................Im just giving you a TIP......................if YOU let go of the treadmill your workout will be even MORE awesome!
    By holding on your only kidding yourself as to how much of an incline you are REALLY doing.................

And if you paid more attention to your own workout and didn't worry what I or anyone else at the gym was doing your workout would be even MORE awesome!!!

Got to have something to do while you're resting between sets of weights.

Oh and remember it's YOUR workout and if you're cheating you're only cheating yourself

Well when I rest between sets of weights I'm usually concentrating on what my husband is doing and standing near him so that I can spot him.

And I don't cheat myself on my workouts and I rarely do huge inclines on the TM and if I do I'm probably doing walking lunges or "holding on" with the tips of my fingers.

My whole point was why do people care so much about what someone else is doing? Sure I might look at someone and think "WTF?!" but I'm not going to dwell on it forever and have it annoy me so much that I have to ***** about it all the time. Unless I see someone doing something that is so wrong that it could cause injury I mind my own business.

Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have a workout partner so I usually just awkwardly sit there drinking water and looking around at what others are doing. Sometimes I just like getting new ideas.

I wouldn't say that 'holding on' with the tips of your fingers is really the type of conduct that was being discussed in this thread.

Honestly the only reason I care is that I see so many people at the gym who spend way too much time there when they could be achieving much better results by working differently/a little harder. I suppose it's their prerogative to do whatever the hell they want really but I can't see the point. I get stared at when I do my HIIT routine on the bike because I'm literally gasping for air and dripping in sweat. It's human nature to observe the world around us and, yes, to judge also. You may think you're above it but I highly doubt that you are.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    No joke I saw a couple doing the "wheel barrow" on a treadmill today!

Awkward. Hahaha.

I've seen this before. I bet it's a heck of an upper body workout though.
    I agree, but I can also see alot of pressure being put on the lower back

Probably not too too bad if you have a strong core. The couple I saw doing it, taking turns, were in phenomenal shape!
    They were always doing stuff like this to add to their routine.

But then again, when you go to the gym at 5a.m., things like this don't bother you...LOL

I wish I could still work out at that time but, with a kid you cant.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

• Cbefitforlife
    Cbefitforlife Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    i hold on to treadmill for balance. You still get a good workout as long as you are not holding on tight. I notice on the treadmill climber comercials...they are all holding on..so there.

The weirdest thing i ever saw at the gym was a 50-55 yr. old lady with booty shorts and knee high play boy bunny socks. She was top heavy with skinny legs and heavily bleached hair with loads of make-up. SHe was on machine right infront of me. I just shook my head and sighed. Please people...dress age appropriate, and don't wear make-up if you sweat. IF you are trying to impress a dude and you have to wear all the make-up to do it...he will probably not notice you anyways.
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    hopefully all the people that post here about how they feel insecure when they go to the gym, don't read this thread
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised the gym lets people workout on the treadmill in flip flops! But, really...who hasn't released their inner Rocky by punching the air and screaming YEAH?
  • cpudoc64
    cpudoc64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Ok, this isn't really a strange thing or even odd thing. But there is this older man who comes in once in awhile with (we'll say its his wife) and runs on the treadmill. He's blind. He doesn't walk but he runs and runs fast! She gets him started and when he warms up, she actually leaves the club and comes back. She knows when to come back and she wipes the treadmill down for him. He's drenched in sweat when he's done.

If that isn't as strange and amazing as it is inspirational, then nothing is.
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Did you think this post was so poetic that it was worthy of posting two days in a row????