Blues.

jessicajoy87
jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
The past few days I have been really blue and frustrated. I feel like I am way in over my head and it has been making me want to eat. My kids have been such a handful lately. I know this is not weightloss related but how do you cope with stress? Especially stress caused from your kids. :frown:

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    When we ask the Lord for strength, we are often given challenges that make us stronger. As a mom, I know it's tough, but being a mom is also the best job in the world-- work hard, play hard. Kids are a blessing!
    Just keep telling yourself that. Find a mantra that works for you, deep breaths, count to 10, don't turn to food for comfort, find peace... happiness will follow :)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    I do many things to try to cope, but the only thing that really seems to work is prayer. It has to be un-interrupted, however, which I know is hard as a mom! When I go for a long walk at night, praying out loud as I walk does wonders.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    DAILY exercise has helped me a lot! Earlier the better! Gets me rev'd up for the the day! Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    DAILY exercise has helped me a lot! Earlier the better! Gets me rev'd up for the the day! Hang in there!:flowerforyou:
  • Thanks everyone. I think that I will try getting up earlier and going for a walk and pray the whole walk. I think my problem is I am not as close to God as I should be.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Yoga, beginning and ending with a short meditation. It's akin to prayer in bringing serenity. Gardening is a stress-free activity for me.

Just remind yourself that you will probably feel worse and more stressed and more out of control if you eat to deal with the stress...
This discussion has been closed.