Darn Panera girl lied!

Options
I went to Panera bread and wanted some soup. They didn't have the kind I liked so I asked for something that didn't have cream (I was at the drive through so couldn't look at the menu descriptions). She said the tomato soup had no cream and was vegetarian so I chose that.

After I ate it I went to log it and it's CREAMY tomato soup. It's a ridiculous amount of calories for a cup of soup and like 14 grams of SATURATED fat. I'll do my homework next time - or not rely on the drive thru person to give me accurate information! I guess I'll be having a small dinner tonight...

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    She didn't noticed it was creamy when she looked at it?!

I think perhaps she needs a new job :noway:
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I eat the broccoli and cheese you pick two portion with out shame or regrets. The garden vegetable is pretty good for future reference. 150 calories for the 14oz portion, 5g of fat, only 1 of which is saturated. 27g carb, 12g fiber, 6g of sugar (wtf??!?) and 4g of protein, if thats the kind of thing you are looking for. What soup did you go there to get?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I love Panera, but they are ridiculously calorie heavy. The turkey sandwich is one of the sandwiches that doesn't go over 700. It makes me very sad - I LOVE Panera. So I save it for my cheat meals when I can order the Roast Beef and dip into the Broccoli Chedder soup!
  • stephcalcott
    stephcalcott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I eat the broccoli and cheese you pick two portion with out shame or regrets. The garden vegetable is pretty good for future reference. 150 calories for the 14oz portion, 5g of fat, only 1 of which is saturated. 27g carb, 12g fiber, 6g of sugar (wtf??!?) and 4g of protein, if thats the kind of thing you are looking for. What soup did you go there to get?

I actually went to get the garden vegetable but they were all out. So I asked her for a good substitute without cheese or cream. She suggested the tomato soup and said that it was vegan so no cream. Um yeah. She may need to go back and read her own menu...