Losing the drive

Options
I'm about 10 weeks into my diet and I feel like I've hit a wall. Suddenly I find myself saying, "Oh, it's okay if I go over my calorie goal, it's just one day. I hardly ever go over." I know that's okay sometimes, but the more I tell myself that, the more days I'll go over my goal and I'm afraid it will become a regular thing instead of a rarity. How do you keep focused to stay under that goal? Hoping I don't let myself give in because this is exactly where I stopped last time. Got down to 155, told myself I didn't need to count calories anymore, and before I knew it... back at 173. I'm down 18 pounds and only have 10 more to go. Help me motivate, please!

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    You must have some jeans or some clothes that you had before you lost weight?

Go try on your clothes, find an outfit that you really want to wear and feel good in?
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose? What is your main goal? Keep this in your mind and when you have a weak moment think of this. Visual prompts help maybe a picture of you at your goal? I am not unlike you but now I have 14 weeks to reach my goal my wedding and that is my focus and I will achieve it and stay healthy. Good luck.
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing a LOT....it's so hard to stay motivated....until I put on pair of jeans that are a little too tight....or catch sight of my love handles in my swim suit...YIKES

ETA: so funny that you live in Fargo - I work in Fargo and live in Casselton - I haven't seen anyone on here from Fargo yet :happy: yay!!!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Make sure that the weightloss plan you're following is something sustainable for you. If you cut your calories too low or exercise too much you can start feeling lethargic and run down. You may need to set a less aggressive goal if you find you can't stick with it.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You just have to make the decision. What do you want to be? Overweight still or at goal. I saw a quote that was something like:
    Being Overweight is Hard
    Losing Weight is Hard
    Being Healthy is Hard
    Choose Your Hard

Sorry I am not giving you a magic answer but is all about choosing how you want to be.

Good luck!
  • WAnnB
    WAnnB Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Remember what it is like to start all over. I am doing this once. I never want to have to do it again. Also, I plan ahead. No spur of the moment give ins. Only preplanned over calorie days.
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it takes a little time and effort but if u plan ur next day meal plan (before going to bed),it helps u....becaz i always look forward for the next meal while keeping myself on track ......also plan smaller snacks in your meal..they help controlling hunger and gives variety satisfaction
  • iwantwow
    iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    it takes a little time and effort but if u plan ur next day meal plan (before going to bed),it helps u....becaz i always look forward for the next meal while keeping myself on track ......also plan smaller snacks in your meal..they help controlling hunger and gives variety satisfaction
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing a LOT....it's so hard to stay motivated....until I put on pair of jeans that are a little too tight....or catch sight of my love handles in my swim suit...YIKES

ETA: so funny that you live in Fargo - I work in Fargo and live in Casselton - I haven't seen anyone on here from Fargo yet :happy: yay!!!

Funny! The only other Fargoan I know on here is my boyfriend. I'm originally from Wisconsin but moved up here last March. Happy losing, fellow NDer!

And thanks for the support :)