Coffee?

Options
I drink a ton of coffee with truvia and either coconut milk or almond milk. I stay within my calorie count, am I still hurting my weight loss? I know that the truvia isn't good for me but I like it and the calorie count is right. Thoughts?

Replies

• karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    IMHO Truvia is one of the better replacement sweeteners out there. It's closer to Stevia, which is my favorite for nutritional reasons, but Stevia can get really bitter if you use too much. If you are within your kcal/day and having the Truvia doesn't cause any cravings for other sweets, then I think you are just fine. The best test is how your body reacts to it. As in, do you still feel great/healthy and are you still losing/maintaining.
    Good Luck!
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great. Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Truvia. Just be sure you're logging the almond/coconut milk. Then you should be good to go.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    If you are accurately tracking your calories then it shouldn't impact your weightless.

"tons" of coffee and truvia is questionable from a health perspective, but much better than sugar and cream
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Don't believe us. Just Google it and you're eyes will be opened.

BTW...I've been drinking a pot of coffee a day for over 40 years and I'm always hydrated and it's not affecting my current weight loss effort.

Good luck.
  • leahnanderson
    Options
    Hi. I love coffee in the morning. I actually measure out 3 to 4 tablespoons of coffee creamer. I like the CoffeeMate Natural Bliss. Its my special treat of the day. 120 - 140 calories worth.

I tried Truvia but couldnt get used to the taste. I personally try to avoid sugar substitutes whenever possible, but I understand their place when counting calories.
  • awholenewworld
    awholenewworld Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I drink somewhere around 25-30 ounces of coffee a day..sometimes even more. I log the calories from the coconut or almond milk and I use as little Truvia as I can. Just enough to take the edge off the bitterness.
  • Dawn4511
    Dawn4511 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great question I have also wondered about this as I love coffee too.