Jacobs ladder cardio

Options
NewTnme
NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
I was interested in seeing if anyone has ever used jacobs ladder for cardio exercise, and if they had any good results?

Replies

• DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    Yes...it will kick your *kitten*. In a good way
  • NewTnme
    Options
    I think its awesome as well. How can i log it?
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    Not sure ...I've never logged it on mfp
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Ok thanks. I guess you and I are the only people who has tried JACOBS LADDER on this site. Or maybe a boaring topic? Ima keep at it.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That thing looks like hell! lol I've never tried it. Maybe it's equivalent to stair steps for calories burned?
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Holy shizzlenitts it is a great workout . we just got a new one at the gym last week. i have had to demonstrate how it works to a lot of people. but when i have my chance on it... im sweating after 5 minutes. a 30 minute session on that thing will burn 500 to 600 easily... and thats with my HRM on so i know its accurate!
  • DaBigChief
    Options
    In my opinion it's for the advanced only ....
  • NewTnme
    Options
    Wow! I've only done 10 minutes and thats with 2 breaks in between at 1&1/2 min each time. Im bored with the other cardio machines.
  • ottolopez84
    Options
    I tried it for the first time today.....It was the most intense thing I have tried. I did 30 minutes, with a ft7 HR monitor tracking my calories, I burned 495 calories, I couldn't keep up at max heart rate, which for me is around 172. But my average was 161, completely in the anaerobic zone.

I felt like dying, but for some reason, it allows you to have a second wind, no breaks, just pure 30 minutes of going the distance, training like Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 lol!

Now, I Just wish I knew how to log this activity on my fitnesspal.
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym had one of these. They look like a crazy workout! I don't think I could do 30 minutes on that lol
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Your results will be the same as any other cardio. What you put in is what you get out.
  • ricmal83
    Options
    Yesterday I tried Jacob's ladder for the first time and burned an easy 20 calories in less than 2 minutes. I too wanted to figure out how to log it and i think the best equivalent would be Rock Climbing, Ascending Rock because you are at an incline using both your arms and legs. Of course you could burn more with more speed.