Weight loss from lower body trouble!

Options
Hiiiiii :flowerforyou:

I have been trying to lose weight for about a month and a half now and have so far lost only seven pounds! However it's all coming off my upper body which didn't need to lose any! I have hugggeee tree trunk legs and a typical pear shape body! :( I have been running and cycling (cycling only recently) and I was wondering if anybody else has this problem? I always lose weight first from my upper body then finally my lower! Does anybody have any tips? I'm feeling really disheartened by it :sad:

Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask others who will be honest with you if they notice a difference. I am like you, I lost so much on my top half, but everyone tells me my hips & butt have really slimmed down! :blushing: I can also tell in my clothes since they are just hanging on me now! :bigsmile: When I look in the mirror, I still see flaws, but I can feel it in my clothes & the comments from others tell me that I am losing even in my lower body! Keep working at it & try lifting weights. This will also help you tone up your legs and such. Don't worry, you will not bulk up!
  • soulfire711
    Options
    I have the SAME problem!! I wish I had some advise for you, but all that I can offer is some comradery. I'm 5'5" and I was down to 130lbs at one point...and I still had huge thighs! I will be watching this post for tips as well!!!!
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do lunges and hip raises with weights. That is what I was told.:drinker:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Take your measurements. I bet you're losing from your lower body too. It's just not as obvious yet. 7 pounds in a month and a half is good, consistent, healthy weight loss. I've recently added upper body strength training as well as running to try to balance out the top and lower halves. I have lost 5 inches from my waist and about 6 inches from my hips as well as 3 inches from each thigh. It will come as you lose more weight and get more fit.
  • abutterflyemerges
    abutterflyemerges Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite! I have lost 60 lbs so far, all of it in my lower body. I have huge boobs and before starting my weight loss journey doctor told me to expect me to lose my breast first. I was actually happy to hear that considering they are just too big for me. (DD).
    But here I am 60 lbs lighter and still have these huge boobs!!! What gives???? In my 20's I lost 75lbs. and only went down 1 size in my boobs. Not cup size just the number part. I had this small waist and people were asking me if I had a boob job!!! It was awful. I want smaller boobs so I can run without hurting myself. My friend calls my bra a "food catcher". I know many woman who would not agree with me but having boobs for me is not fun. Dont get me wrong I want boobs just not so much of it. Any suggestions for losing boobs???
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Unfortuneately all bodies are different and carry their fat differently. There is no way to lose from the legs or hips and not from the bust or shoulders....it will come off your body as your body sees fit....some people are pear shaped and will lose upper before lower, some are apple and will lose everywhere except their middle and the middle only comes off after everything else, some are box shape and will lose everywhere at once....cardio gets rid of fat so keep up the cardio, weights build muscle so keep up the weights and eventually it will all even out.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I've heard before that you gain weight 'bottom to top' and you lose weight 'top to bottom' I don't know if thats true or why but just keep working hard. you're only a month in to a lifelong journey! enjoy it :-)
  • amberpaigee
    Options
    I have the SAME problem!! I wish I had some advise for you, but all that I can offer is some comradery. I'm 5'5" and I was down to 130lbs at one point...and I still had huge thighs! I will be watching this post for tips as well!!!!

Exactly the same here! Although I think it was in comparison to my top half because people always use to say I was still skinny!!

Thank you for all your help and advice :flowerforyou: I suppose I should keep on with the exercising and see what happens in a couple of months down the line!!

x
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Def have the same problem. My weight loss is slow but it is consisent so don't fret about that.

I am also pear shape and have lost the weight in my upper body first. I have lost inches in my lower body and I am still a pear LOL. I second weight training in your bottom because I really think that is what made my lower look leaner. At first I was all cardio, but I add weight training to my bottom half and it does look different. (OMG I tooted my own horn LOL)