Bad skin

Options
Since I have been working out, for the last 6 weeks or so, my skin stays broken out. I use a wipe on my face as soon as I'm finished and shower as soon as possible after, but I still can't get my face to clear up.

Anyone have any advice on skin care?

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but when I started doing heavy duty, sweaty workouts, I broke out too. My skin was clean so I couldn't figure out why, then one day I decided to wash my face really well after I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair. It seemed like the places I broke out were near my hairline and maybe it was the conditioner? Anyway, I started using cetaphil soap everytime I shower and my face is hardly breaking out now. Maybe you could try that. Also, do you wash your face before your workouts? It could be that as you get warm and sweat a lot, your makeup is getting into your pores and causing problems.
    Good luck, I hope you figure it out!
  • Xmoiyax
    Xmoiyax Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I drink 1table spoon of apple cider vinegar 3 times a day in a full glass of water..it sucks but it helps regulate your Ph in your body and will help your skin quite a bit. Also, make sure you are showering and really cleansing your skin well after a workout. Feel free to message me if you have any more concerns! I'm an esthetician!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I have acne-prone skin, and I LOVE Mario Badescu products. Specifically the Enzymatic Cleanser, Strawberry Scrub, and Drying Mask. They're pricey, but work wonders on my skin.
    For a cheaper option, I recommend neutrogena's grapefruit acne cleansers, followed by a gentle (alcohol-free) toner and an oil-free moisturizer.

For really in-depth skincare advice and info, try http://www.reddit.com/r/skincareaddiction !
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Clarisonic. Use it with Dermalogica for breakouts.
  • TssCnn
    TssCnn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was as well. What worked for me was washing my face right before and right after working out. I made that the last thing I did before I hit the gym floor and first thing when I was done. That seemed to fix things for me.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I had not been washing my face before workouts. That is a very logical thing to try first before I purchase different products. If I don't see improvements, I will try some of the products listed here.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic about this also, since I began working out I have had terrible acne on my cheeks! I am 20 and have never had pimples like this before, its terrible! I think I am seeing a fix though this week. I would always shower 20 minutes after the gym when I got home so I thought it was fine. This week I started washing my face instantly after my gym workout in the sink and also have been using witch hazel. It seems like my face is clearing up a bit so far! I just don't know if its the washing my face immediately or witchhazel!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options

For a cheaper option, I recommend neutrogena's grapefruit acne cleansers, followed by a gentle (alcohol-free) toner and an oil-free moisturizer.

This is what I do, and once a week, I do a clarifying mask that I use to spot-treat pores (http://www.sephora.com/super-mud-clearing-treatment-P376409?skuId=1473735 - expensive, but realllllly good).

I especially wash my face before AND after workouts.