Hydroxycut...

Options
Ok, before anyone gets mad at me for posting about "diet pills" this is just a question just looking to see if anyone has ever tried it. I see it all the time its everywhere! I have thought to myself so many times i would try it but never wanted to take any diet pills I'd rather do it on my own...BUT today i decided to do a little research (this is part of it) to see if its really that "bad" or if it might actually help get rid of some of the fat on my body along with my healthy eating and working out..So far it seems like its a pretty decent prodouct havent really seen anything too bad but thats why im posting here i want your feedback i know most of you research everything before trying it and im sure at least one person on here has had to try hydroxycut in the past....just looking for some feedback :) Thanks

Replies

• Maximumresults
    Options
    spend your money on quality food and building good habits...if you need a kick, drink a cup of coffee...

there are chemicals in those products that frankly nobody can answer if they damage your system or not and they are highly addictive
  • spicyginger2006
    spicyginger2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    anything in a pill is not the answer to losing safely and healthily. sounds like your looking for a quick fix and anything natural will not give you that.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I took it back in high school. All I remember is a racing heart and feeling really anxious. And I don't think I lost much weight. It didn't make that great of an impression on me.....I ended up here after all.
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Tried them for a while and one night when I was "coming down" (because they ARE stimulating) I was sobbing in my bed and really thought I was either having a mental breakdown OR dying. Stopped taking them after that. It really was a scary experience, and I'm not one to get 'scared' of things like that easily.
    Basically, I recommend AGAINST them.

ETA - Pretty sure I didn't lose much, if ANY, weight while on them. And if I did, it didn't stay off.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    i've tried them, they don't work. They're not addicting, but it's a waste of money. Same with Lypozene.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I can admit that I've tried that along with literally about 30 other types of diet pills atleast. None of them give the results they promise. They do give you extra jittery energy cause they are loaded with caffine. Some made me get terrible nose bleeds, others gave me heart palpitations, weeks without being able to sleep. I'm not preaching because we all have the right to do whatever suits ourselves, but I personally wouldn't spend the money :)
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Im not looking for a quick fix, i was just courious...i have already lost 30 lbs eating healthy and working out...i know thats the best way to do it. I dont plan on just going on a diet pill kick and giving up on everything else i have been doing...i just thought i would see what others thought about it since just about everywhere i look i see a freaking advertisement for it...you never know maybe its actually helped some people thats why i asked.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    Im not looking for a quick fix, i was just courious...i have already lost 30 lbs eating healthy and working out...i know thats the best way to do it. I dont plan on just going on a diet pill kick and giving up on everything else i have been doing...i just thought i would see what others thought about it since just about everywhere i look i see a freaking advertisement for it...you never know maybe its actually helped some people thats why i asked.

Never hurts to ask :)
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    My mom took it about a year ago. It made her feel like she was about to have a heart attack.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Eh, there's nothing in there that couldn't be replicated by dropping 50 calories from your daily intake, and that's being generous.
  • jessica182517
    jessica182517 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ok, so from what everyone is saying i will NOT be trying these lol didnt think i would anyway everytime i try to convince myself to try something like that i end up convincing myself not to LOL
  • Zdesh
    Zdesh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I took them years ago and it really didn't do anything for me that making lifestyle changes wouldn't have done. It's really just a lot of caffeine...coffee is cheaper
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I took it a couple of times... it's basically legalized speed (a low dosage of it). As someone who used to recreationally dabble with adderral and other pills laced with speed, that is definitely what it is.
  • Darkknight2099
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago and it went bad for me, it gave me vertigo and when the doctor checked on me, my liver was having issues with it. I have never had vertigo in my life, scary as hell. Per doctor's instructions, I stopped taking them and the vertigo faded a few days later. I remember Hydroxycut being in the news at the same time, don't recall exactly why but I've never used it again... and never had vertigo again.

I've lost 51 pounds since Oct 2012, just good meals, watching calories and working out. No magical pill needed. :)
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hibiscus tea has a similar effect to hydroxycut and tastes really yummy. I found this out by accident because I bought some because it tasted good and did a bit of research on it. It is a mild diuretic and can help the body metabolize carbs. I don't drink it for these reasons, but it's a bonus :). Did I mention its really yummy, lol?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this as well. I have been eating pretty well and exercising 5 days a week, and was wondering if diet pills are bad to supplement me in my weight loss.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

then why are you asking about hydroxy cut if diet and exercise are working for you?
  • mariadiva2012
    Options
    A friend of mine took it eventhough she did not need to lose any weight and she got so sick. She had heart palpitations and she is only 32 years old. i like to do it the natural way and the best thing is that my body thanks me. As far as I am concerned, I don't want to add chemicals into my body. It is better to eat well, excercise and enjoy the process. I thought about buying it, but when I saw how it made my friend sick I decided that my body deserve better than that. I do a detox twice a year with my naturopath. My body is a temple. Hope this helps : )
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    when it first came out, it was a product that worked very well, the way it worked was by stimulating your adrenal response, and giving you a huge dose of caffeine along with it, as well as a few blood thinning agents like ASA. fortunately, the product was recalled and reformulated after some people experienced devastating effects of the mixture of high levels of caffeine and ephedrine (synthetic adrenaline) the heart palpitations that a few other people in the thread mentioned are just one of the physical symptoms of that over stimulation. If you need something other than a healthy diet to turn a corner towards your goals, try taking a multi vitamin of the sort recommended for the athletic crowd. a slightly higher level of B vitamins will give you that energized feeling.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If diet pills worked, would we still have fat people?