New Scale...ugh!

smarston
smarston Posts: 78 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So I bought a new scale this morning and I weighed myself and it is 5 lbs heavier than my old one which really pisses me off. I knew mine wasn't weighing correctly anymore and it was really old which is why I bought the new one anyway but 5 lbs!! Ugh! Anyway I know the number really doesn't matter but I expected a couple lb difference but 5?? :noway: Geesh...sorry just needed to rant. Oh and this one calculates the body fat percentage and water...it said 36.3% body fat and 46% water. Not really sure what the water percentage is suppose to tell me... Now I feel like I need to step it up so I can get back under the dreaded number I seem to always be stuck at. Maybe buying the new scale will do me some good. :wink:

Replies

• LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Great attitude!!!
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    The water percentage tells you how hydrated you are. It should be around 50% I think so thats not too bad. Mine tells me I am 41% hydrated. My fat is 43%, muscle 33%. It largely depends how heavy you are I think.

Which scale did you buy?
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    I recently bought a new scale and I got a different outcome. My scale no matter how much work I was doing always told me 180.4. I bought a new scale and it was 177. Well that was a couple of weeks ago and the new scale goes down about a pound a week and the old one still reads 180.4. So happy I purchased a new. The new I have also tells me the body fat and water weight % but from I have seen I am not sure if it is "high tech" as it claims!
  • tlilly80
    tlilly80 Posts: 27
    I didn't even know they made scales that did that! -lol- Where did you get it and how much did it cost?
  • smarston
    The water percentage tells you how hydrated you are. It should be around 50% I think so thats not too bad. Mine tells me I am 41% hydrated. My fat is 43%, muscle 33%. It largely depends how heavy you are I think.

Which scale did you buy?

I purchased a HealthoMeter "The doctors Scale" at the local walmart...they didn't have too many choices. This one doesn't show the muscle percentage.
  • smarston
    I didn't even know they made scales that did that! -lol- Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

I didn't know either till I bought this one. I purchased it at Walmart for 30.
  • I'm having a nightmare with my new scales, it puts me at about 2lb heavier than the old ones, and it just doesn't move at the moment! Despite the exercise and eating less :-(
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member

Ooh...what was the name of it?
  • smarston

Ooh...what was the name of it?
    Health o Meter "The Doctors Scale" :happy:
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    wow, I wonder how scales can do that? I mean, measure your water weight, muscle weight, fat weight etc.? So cool! I'm going to have to get me one of those!
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Atleast you've still lost the same amount, considering your old scale probably started you off at a weight that was 5 lbs heavier anyway :)
This discussion has been closed.