30 Day Shred, quad pain

Options
I just finished day 9 of the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I was very sore for the first few days when I started the workout, got over that part last week, and have been feeling great. But, today I noticed a pretty sharp pain in my quads during most of the workout. It's several hours later now, and it is still pretty painful. Anybody else experience this? And if so, did it go away?

Replies

• Elicur
    Elicur Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Did you take a break within these nine days?
    I took a break after day five since I was feeling awful after the fifth session. Although I was itching all day to do the workout, I knew I needed to give myself a break ( and finish a book instead )
    In health class I remember my teaching saying when you over work your muscles you retain water within them? And you'll experience extra pain. I'm not sure how reliable that information is, since he was always the school's music instructor hah
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Did you take a break within these nine days?
    I took a break after day five since I was feeling awful after the fifth session. Although I was itching all day to do the workout, I knew I needed to give myself a break ( and finish a book instead )
    In health class I remember my teaching saying when you over work your muscles you retain water within them? And you'll experience extra pain. I'm not sure how reliable that information is, since he was always the school's music instructor hah

That's actually pretty true.
  • kshaver0816
    Options
    you should also consider potassium and protein replacements..
    when i work out, i have a protein shake, like APEX

if i dont want to drink the shake, i have a banana and some form of protein, like tuna, chicken or even shrimp sushi
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a foam roller? When, I go crazy with squats or lunges, I find using one of those really helps.