Heart Rate Monitor Suggestions

Options
I am looking into buying a heart rate monitor, and I am looking for suggestions. I don't need it to auto upload, to MFP,, ust something accurate and reliable. So, if you use one, which one do you use and how do you like it?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    $65 here (Shop around of course).

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/polar-ft4.html

That's probably one of the better basic heart rate monitors. It does what you need for the most part. Track calories burned.
  • pflanik
    pflanik Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar WearLink and it's super easy to use, although I must admit the chest strap can be annoying with certain workout tops. I have to make sure the strap is under my sports bra too. I got mine at Sports Authority over a year ago, and just replaced the watch battery last month.
  • robsgurl
    robsgurl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Timex T5G971..I wanted the Polar FT4 but I don't have the money for it. The Timex one cost me $39.00 I got it from walmart and you can also get it from amazon..I did the site to store on walmart's website to save in the shipping.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have been using my Polar FT-40 from Amazon for about a month now. It is easy to use and was very affordable. It tracks time and calories, is pretty comfortable, and probably does a bunch of other stuff I haven't needed to learn yet but will be there when I do. I did a lot of comparison before choosing it.