Need some advise in losing again

Options
Since January, I have lost 34 pounds, which is great, but I am stalled now.
I am trying to stay on a 1200 calorie intake, but most days I can't even get to that number (yesterday I did
but usually its around 700-800 calories).
Things are moving very very slow right now and I need to kick it up and start losing again.

I do exercise, but maybe not enough? I take a zumba class twice a week, aqua fit. twice a week
but have trouble getting more than that in.

Any suggestions? I'm half way to goal but frustrated that it's not moving right now.

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    Sounds to me like you aren't eating enough. How many calories are eating?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The best suggestion is to Eat More, you should not get less than 1200 cals. Try upping to 1200 and at least some of your calories burned through exercise. I would not recommend increasing your exercise until you are eating at least 1200 calories, preferably more.
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I agree. My loss slowed a bit and then the closer I came to my intake, the weight just started moving again ( I was never far from my goals, but that little bit helped)
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above people. 1200 calories isn't enough for someone who is exercising. You're body is purposely slowing it's metabolism to preserve what you have, it might be going into "starvation mode". It's our body's natural response to a famine. Up your calories a bit, and it might be time to take your exercise to the next level.
  • bgriffin73
    Options
    Yep, everyone is right, you need to be over the 1200 per day including exercise. Sounds like your working out a lot. So get to the 1200 cals per day.
  • cagirl
    cagirl Posts: 23
    Options
    Problem is, I am pre-diabetic so I am really watching my carbs. I am NOT on any medication and my blood sugar levels are really good but I am scared to eat too much. I have been working with a dietician and she suggested the 1200 for weight loss. She is well aware that I am not getting enough calories. She suggested adding some healthy snacks and I have tried but I just am not hungary.

I'm scared to force myself to eat more worrying that I will start gaining.

UGH, I am so frustrated. Why am I having so much trouble with this??? :ohwell:
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to get to the 1200 calories and then eat at least some of your exercise calories. I am diabetic too and one of the challenges we have as diabetics is to balance our blood sugar with food intake along with exercise. If you are going to maintain permanently you will need to eat enough and find the balance of calories that keeps your weight where you want it. It seems you are concerned about eating too much and gaining weight but as you can see, not eating enough is stalling your weight loss. Good luck to you. You can do it!:flowerforyou: