Smothies

1257913 Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Recipes
try a smuthie with the Magic Bullet Blender. put in 1 whole banana cut in half. add some honeydew and cantelope. add blueberries, orange juice and apple juice. put on the blender till completely choped up. now you have the perfict smuthie.

Replies

• bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    I like smoothies, I usually put in either light chocolate soy milk, with fresh strawberries or raspberries, and ice. Or I use
    orange juice with different types of fruit. I usually add some gensoy protein powder to get more protein. But smoothies are yummy....:smile:
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Anyone ever try the smoothies that are in the frozen section? any good?
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    I have had the yoplait smoothies...they come in a big pink bag with 8 (i think) pouches...2 servings each pouch that you just add skim milk to in the blender...they are delicious and filling (as filling as a smoothie can be) :happy:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Anyone ever try the smoothies that are in the frozen section? any good?

If you mean the bags of Yoplait Smoothie Mix, then yes. They're great! It's probably cheaper to buy a few bags of frozen fruit, but you just add milk and ice and blend it up. I've bought a few bags of my own frozen fruit and this weekend i'm going to split it up into ziplock baggies so I just grab one baggie, dump it in the blender and add juice and ice.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    If you mean the bags of Yoplait Smoothie Mix, then yes. They're great! It's probably cheaper to buy a few bags of frozen fruit, but you just add milk and ice and blend it up. I've bought a few bags of my own frozen fruit and this weekend i'm going to split it up into ziplock baggies so I just grab one baggie, dump it in the blender and add juice and ice.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

00trayn--not to sound gooberish or anything, but that sounds like a great idea! I have a seven yr old and a 3 month old so my mornings are pretty packed. But I've never been down the make your own smoothie isle. Can you elaborate on your ingredients and instructions? thnaks!!!!! :drinker:
  • CaitlinEats
    CaitlinEats Posts: 42 Member
    I posted my smoothie recipe somewhere else, so I've pasted it here--it's delish! I make it every morning and it takes less than 5 minutes to prep.

4 (or so) cups of fresh spinach (I think I use about half a package of bagged spinach per smoothie)
    1 large banana (or add another half banana if you love it)
    1 or 1 1/2 cups of frozen mixed berries
    water and/or almond milk

I start by stuffing the spinach into the blender, then adding a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (if I have it handy), then pouring in water until I can see it cover about 2 inches of the spinach. I blend all of that on low, sometimes pushing the spinach down, until it is liquid.

I add the banana in chunks and blend until smooth.

Finally, I add the berries and blend until smooth.

Delicious, and I swear you won't taste the spinach! If you do taste it, try adding half a banana or some more almond milk. :)
    1257913 Posts: 6
    MAN LAY OFF THE SMOTHIES. (I SHOULD MYSELF.) BUT MINE IS MY FAVORITE.
  • sc4rd4
    sc4rd4 Posts: 1
    I also like to use plain yogurt in my smoothies
  • mskimberlee
    mskimberlee Posts: 38 Member
    I have had the yoplait smoothies...they come in a big pink bag with 8 (i think) pouches...2 servings each pouch that you just add skim milk to in the blender...they are delicious and filling (as filling as a smoothie can be)

I love those smoothies! They are so good! I use skim milk or Crystal light! YUM! Great breakfast or snack!
This discussion has been closed.