Finally included in the "HEALTHY" level THX, MFP!!!

Options
Celebrating this morning!!! I just checked my BMI and I have finally reached the HEALTHY category! I can't believe I did it!!! Thanks to everyone here at MFP.

I truthfully never believed I would ever see this day! For years I could see the pounds gradually adding on, but somehow I didn't believe that anything would ever stop the increase in weight, let alone reverse it. Finding MFP was a godsend!! The daily diary has helped me to learn to be more accurate when identifying healthy foods, and to also be able to mentally guesstimate calories pretty close to accurate.

The joy of taking a bluejean size (that I haven't been able to wear for 20 years) off the rack and then discovering that it was still too big is a hard feeling to describe! I started this "project" to lower my blood pressure, and was so happy when that happened, but then I kept on going because I really liked the new foods, exercise, and healthy strategies, and for the first time actually had HOPE that I might get to a healthier size. But, I had NO idea that my self esteem would change! I now feel myself walking a little prouder, and I feel a smile all over my body even when my face isn't showing it!!! :O)

It's hard to express the difference that MFP has made in my life! Thanks to everyone involved with keeping this site going, and also thanks to all the members who share their support, suggestions, and stories.

Replies

• karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    What an accomplishment! Keep it up!
  • sparkyspal
    sparkyspal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!! Great job!!
  • RiverJen
    RiverJen Posts: 4
    Options
    Love it!

I need to hear these things.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I just looked at mine and I got excited because I'm almost just overweight! hahaha.. Good job though!!!
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I know it feels wonderful because I have a similar story to yours. I also watched pounds gradually creep up but never thought I could do anything about it becuase I have always been so active and thought if all that exercise didn't help, then nothing would. Then one day I got the brilliant idea that maybe I should keep track of my calories and see if that gave me any insight into my weight gain. I found MFP on my ipod touch one day, and it has literally changed my life! 3 months later, I hit my goal weight simply by watching my caloric intake! Last weekend I went shopping for new clothes because everything was way too big. Well I had expected to go down by one size, but imagine my surprise when I discovered I had dropped TWO sizes! I can't describe the feeling, but I know you know what I'm talking about! I wanted to dance to the checkout isle, I immediately updated my facebook status to let the whole world know, and I've had a ****-eating grin on my face all week!

Like you, I owe my success to MFP. I once tried to count calories the old fashioned way, with a calorie count book, a calculator, a pen and paper.... but it was so time consuming and effortful that way that I didn't keep up with it. MFP makes it so much easier. I don't think I could have done this any other way.

Enjoy your new clothes and your new attitude: I know I do! :love:
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for taking a minute to read my thread and to leave a comment!

xonophone, I really enjoyed your account. Yes, I so totally agree! I was exercising constantly (called walking a half hour a day, mowing lawn, sanding and painting walls in a house we want to sell, etc, etc) so I thought that the exercise would keep the weight where it needed to be. I couldn't believe there was much value in keeping a diary - and actually, I was only motivated to do it because it was an interesting activity, but then I got hooked. :O) I think the most valuable benefit for me was how the diary increased my awareness of nutrition and calories. Congrats to you and to everyone on MFP that stays dedicated to their goal.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    amk, I 've been reading a book called "The End of Overeating" and I just got to the part where it talks about "Food Rehab" or, how to stop overeating. Many of the strategies suggested include what we (or at least me) are doing by using MFP: setting goals and telling yourself some things simply are not part of the goals for now (like chocolate, french fries, etc) Proactively making healthy choices ahead of time, planning your meals ahead, etc. I don't know if Mike (I think that's the website's creator) knew about the psycholoogy of overeating before starting this, but by using his website, it really has helped me to control my food obsession! Congrats to you again! :flowerforyou:
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    Congratulations.
    When I joined MFP I was at a BMI of 38.
    I am currently at a BMI of 36.
    Still in the obese category but i'm slowly moving out.
    I bet you must be over the moon!
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!