Does cellulite disappear as you lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    mine does
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Mine has improved with lifting and fat loss. I certianly couldn't say it's disappeared but I hope it continues to become less visible.
  • vickyg1
    vickyg1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    In the past few months mine's practically gone since I've started stopped most cardio except HIIT. My BF% has dropped considerably by doing this.
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    yes - it tones down!!! i had horrible cellulite and now its not that bad- as i tone up , it gets removed !
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have gotten mostly rid of mine by lifting weights, lots of squats w/ weights, dead lifts, kick boxing workouts such as Turbo Fire or Body Combat. Takes time, but when you build lean muscle, the appearance diminishes significantly. I don't have any on my thighs at all anymore, just a little on my bum. Also, eating a reduced sugar, sodium, and sat. fat diet is essential. Water is extremely important as well.

Good luck!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts from some of the women lifters that have said theirs was gone after a year or so of lifting heavy. It's worth a try. If nothing else, you'll eventually end up with a nice body.

It is not gone, but i will tell you lifting heavy (for me) has made a marked difference.

I started this at 40, and yes squats and the other compound lifts seemed intimidating to me at first... but I LOVE what they are doing for me all over.... and now look forward to kicking butt at the gym 3x a week for lifting, and a little cardio on the off days

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_8190.jpg

Nice, Crankstr! Thanks for sharing.