Targeted Advertising at it's best

Options
:laugh: OK, so am I the only one that thinks the "Free Fries From Jack in the Box" add that popped up on my home food page might represent a little to much targeted advertising!! It really gave me a laugh!

Replies

• shaggys
    shaggys Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Did someone say,free fries?
    The ads are crazy...but it keeps the site free:laugh:
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    It's too funny! I'm in Canada, so we get ads very 90% of sushi or whatever. I've heard about the DQ ads and stuff. It's crazy, but I love the free site :devil:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. French fries.
    Though, incidentally, I think JITB's fries are tasteless and soggy.

I don't see any on this site or any other (hooray for Firefox's Adblock Plus!), and it's probably for the best...especially considering the types of ads people say that Google puts on MFP.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I always get the "Worried about waist size" or "Try our healthy diet plan" adds :)
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    Mmmm. French fries.
    Though, incidentally, I think JITB's fries are tasteless and soggy.

I don't see any on this site or any other (hooray for Firefox's Adblock Plus!), and it's probably for the best...especially considering the types of ads people say that Google puts on MFP.

I think they are trying to force people to get the seasoned fries or the potato wedges by having crappy regular fries.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I always get the "1 tip for a flat belly" ads...both on the top an don the side of the page. I mean...I want a flat belly...but it's gonna take more than a tip to get it there...
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I always get the "1 tip for a flat belly" ads...both on the top an don the side of the page. I mean...I want a flat belly...but it's gonna take more than a tip to get it there...
    :laugh: So true! :laugh:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I think it is a new frie
  • beloggins1
    Options
    Totally agree with the free site adds. My fitness pal site has really allowed me to put consumption of foods in a new light. The adds do keep the willpower and determination thing in perspective, as to how much we need to stay focused and not be led astray!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    I always get the "Worried about waist size" or "Try our healthy diet plan" adds :)

yeah that and the heart and stroke foundation.. None of which make me want to eat fries.. but the SUSHI ones are tempting. Good thing we don't have jack in the box in Canada.. although everytime I see the movie Harld and Kumar I really want to drive over the boarder to white castle. :)