Advice needed please RE: TDEE/BMR etc

Options
GC2B
GC2B Posts: 168 Member
I know this is a daily thing asked here but can anyone help me get my head around this.
I'm 31, 5'2, I'm a stay at home Mum of 3 (which I class as light activity)
My current weight is 138lb
BMI 25.24%

Working things out with the scooby workshop...
TDEE - 1917
BMR - 1394
TDEE -20% - 1534

I have been following a 1200 goal, I must say I find it hard, some days leading to almost losing control.
And when I've worked out, (averagely, cross trainer/elliptical usually 15 minutes burning 123 cals) I've felt hungry and pretty much wasted any progress I'd just made.

I'm the first to admit my food diary sucks, too much processed crap and not enough fresh fruit/veg. Its something I need to work on, but for now I just want to understand where i need to be and what is the wisest plan to follow...
1200?? or one of the numbers above?? Following TDEE-20% gives me 334 calories more than I have been.
Is that me looking for an excuse to be greedy??

Sorry if that's not made sense, but its pretty much how my head feels.

Advice greatly received.

Replies

• violinkeri
    violinkeri Posts: 212
    Options
    the general rule is that its unhealthy to eat less than your BMR. So even if you are uncomfortable with the 1500 goal, try to get at least 1400. If you are anything like me you will find that you will have more energy and feel more full, especially if you fill that 1400 with smart choices.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If it is leading to almost losing control, why stay with it. Chances are you will end up losing control and may lead to failing. If eating a few more calories will make it easier, possibly a little slower, why not?
    1200 is a random number, you figure your tDEE for you, what would be wrong with using that?
    My vote is eat more b
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yes you should eat tdee-20%. I'm loosing on this steadily 1 lb a week even though I eat 1800 a day. I'm moderate though and really tall. But yes! Do it! Also maybe check with fat2fit as they are also taking your bf% into account. Just put you current weight into both fields for current and goal weight and it will tell you your tdee
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options