I don't get it... and it's only getting worse.

Options
2»

Replies

• KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You have to stop and remember there are lots of things that can effect your weight as well. Like water and even "that time of the month". You may not have actually lost that much in that span of time just because of your diet, there could be lots of other factors. Now if you were losing that much a month consistantly, than I would start to worry.
  • valey1234
    valey1234 Posts: 29
    Options
    I know it seems like a lot of weight loss but some peaple lose a lot in the first couple of monthes and then it slowes down. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet emotions always connect to our eating habits. Allow yourself to grieve you can get your calories if you have a blender and some fresh fruit and fat free yogart make yourself a smoothie. Get outdoors go for a walk it is a great stress reliever and dont take everthing so seriouse . good luck. valey 1234
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your dog. Eating more would help slow down the weight loss. Use scooby doo fitness calculator to determine your cal needs. Also drinking a protein shake or ensure would help you get the cals you need. A basic ensure has about 250 cal.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I should also mention I log my food before I eat it... hopefully me logging everything already WILL make me consume it!

Thank you so much for all your advice and support... I'm going to start eating almonds - a lot of them - again if need be.

That actually helped me. If I pre-logged my food for the day, I felt obligated in a way to eat everything I logged, because I did not want to feel like I lied to myself. Best of luck!!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your dog. Eating more would help slow down the weight loss. Use scooby doo fitness calculator to determine your cal needs. Also drinking a protein shake or ensure would help you get the cals you need. A basic ensure has about 250 cal.

This thing is crazy... says my BMR is 1,889 and my TDEE is 3,260 calories - that's a bit much :noway:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    double post
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I'm really sorry about your loss.

Just deal with the grieving right now and worry about the scale later. Your loss is probably associated with stress and emotions. Give yourself time and it'll work itself out.

Actually on second thought I agree with this. Let yourself grieve and don't sweat the calories for now.

And I am very sorry for your loss. :flowerforyou:
  • kristinL16
    kristinL16 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think your weight loss is out of line given that you gave up sugar and sweets for lent. Some people notice a lot of weight loss quickly when giving up sugar.

If you are concerned that you aren't eating enough due to grieving/depression then follow the suggestions given here.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If you gave up sweets for lent, then you by default reduced your carbs. Lowering your carbs releases a good deal of water weight. Some people will "lose" 10 lbs of stored water in the first week of reducing carbs, so over a month is nothing to worry about.