Tired and feeling weak

Options
I seem to always be tired and feeling weak I drive an hour to school and am there 8-5 and then drive an hour back. I never know what foods to take so I don't eat much there all my friends like to eat bad. I sometimes take my herbalife shakes but i want to try more foods. I do eat protein bars and fruits. Oh and am definitely craving dang candy. Anyone else feel anything like this? Anybody have any suggestions? I need easy breakfasts and lunches to take with me and possibly make the night before.

Replies

• Rivmage
    Rivmage Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, String cheese, fruits, nuts, baby carrots, celery with peanut butter, leftovers, etc.

Scott
  • DomFruch02
    Options
    Big Breakfast like---- 2 Whole eggs and 2 Egg Whites with a s ide of wheat toast.
    Snacks could be
    Avocado, PB and an Apple, Almonds/nuts, Greek Yogurt, Protein Shake

Mix and Match.
  • bnbestme
    bnbestme Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would recommend that you get snacks that's filling. Bag some carrots, crackers, or even hummus and cucumbers, things like that. Celery sticks and peanut butter, I drink water and have salsa with melba toast. I love oatmeal so I do half a serving as a snack with skim milk on the side. Also, check your iron levels. If you are feeling drained are you getting enough sleep? You can do this do not get discouraged. This is not diet but a lifestyle change. So sometimes you will have fatty items. But in moderation. Live, Love, and Enjoy life to the fullest.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    I have Shakeology for breakfast every morning. Quick, easy and full of great nutrition.
    I frequently make tuna salad - P90X nutrition Guide recipe - and have that for lunch.
    It seems many people struggle with eat well at work/school because they don't bring anything with them from home, and rely on cafeteria or fast food restaurants.
    My suggestions is to make up you lunches for the week on Sunday, then keep them in the fridge or freeze them until you need them. That should solve the problem of how to eat healthy at work or school.

Good luck!!
    Joe
  • kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Almond butter comes in these little jars so I carry one in my purse and then throw celery or carrots in there in the morning.
    I love imitation crab sticks (6g protein, 90 cals for three!) and you can eat them with or without cocktail sauce.
    I hardboil a dozen eggs every week and just pop those in a ziplock as needed.
    This sounds weird, but find some good large heirloom beans and cook them so they aren't mushy, toss in ziplock.
    Multigrain penne pasta has lots of protein, I cook it al dente and then portion it out in containers and bring some pasta and a little tupperware of marinara and dip like fries haha, that's actually a treat for me because I don't often do pasta.
    I will post more if I think of them...
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm a road warrior, logging at least 700 miles a week, and I pack a variety of these things when I'm on the road:
    - a pb&j on whole wheat
    -protein bars- some 170 cals, some 90 cals
    -mini rice cakes
    -apples
    -random veggies like whole roma tomatoes, cucumber, baby carrots
    -honey wheat pretzel sticks (7 for 110 calories and I feel like I am in heaven)

I also make a travel mug of green tea which helps to keep me from feeling hungry when I am really not.

I don't have a sweet tooth but I have a "crunch tooth"