? for those doing JM 30 day shred

Options
I have ordered it online and it won't be in till first week of May but what do I need starting out with the DVD? I have some light weights (1lb & 2lbs) and that's about it. I haven't actually worked out since High school (and just now starting biking and walking) so I am hoping my body can take it lol

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    All you need are dumbbells! A yoga mat is optional, but recommended if working out on a hard surface. The small hand weights you have should be fine, but you may want heavier ones as you progress with the workouts.

Good luck and have fun!
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    All you need are the hand weights. Depending on your current fitness level, you may need more than 1 or 2 pounds. I use 5lbs, and they make it difficult, but not impossible. The 30 Day Shred is a really great video! The moves are really basic, and Jillian gives options for beginner and advanced on most of the moves, so you should be fine. I really hope you love it, because I have had great results both times I've used it. Good Luck!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1-5lb weights
    I started yesterday w/ 2lb weights
    A good sports bra for the jumping jacks!!
  • candicemcl
    Options
    LOL I already found a good sports bra phew

Glad to hear I am good to go, just trying to prepare my body so I am either walking 35 min/day minimum(usually close to an hour at a fast pace) or using our bike.
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    Yup, handweights is all you need! I use the 5's but that was after a month of using the 3's. I love this workout, level 2 is my favorite. 3 is a killer! If you like it, I HIGHLY recommend her No More Trouble Zones video. Its my absolute favorite!
  • jmatecki
    jmatecki Posts: 32
    Options
    you are going to love the dvd -- it's fast pased so the time goes quick and there are NO BREAKS! So you may want to get your mind in that zone of pushing hard for the entire thing. It's well worth it! =) Good luck. You're good to go with the equipment you already have.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I also love the No More Trouble Zones video!
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    I just go this today. I run 3 times a week and was planning on doing the shred 3 days a week with a "rest" day.

I am hoping this is the push I need to get me under 200 pounds. I have 14 to go.
    Good luck
  • candicemcl
    Options
    I log it as circuit training is what i gather from scanning other posts right?
  • TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yep
    I log it as circuit training is what i gather from scanning other posts right?